The Jeep is back in the driveway.

So I did drive it one more time today so I can gas it up for mom. (BTW the Avg MPG when I got it as stated: 25.#... we're at 20.9 now).
And was again disappointed. So very glad I didn't get this car.
I was on the highway doing 55-60. Wanted to speed up to make a move into an opening. Very flat response from the accelerator.
If I could use SPORT mode I might have had the juice, but the Jeep uses a dial for selecting which AWD mode to be in (as pictured above). How are you supposed to fumble with that on the highway and you need a bit more speed? Answer? You don't. Jeep didn't build a drivers car, they built an dirt road capable car.

/EDIT/ Also received a CD in the mail yesterday. Supported one of my favorite artists through https://www.pledgemusic.com/ CD was laying in the foyer this morning. Grabbed it on my way out the door. Hop in the Jeep, drop kid off at school. Open CD... no CD player. Curses! The one time I want a CD player. lol

I don't have sport mode. I just use the skinny pedal on the right. Did you apply pressure until you got the warranted response? that's what I do and have done in everything I've driven from an E150 wheelchair van, to a Z06 corvette, and I have yet to fail to get the expected and required response.

On road trips, I actually take a handful of CDs and use the CD player most of the time. This is to save data and battery on my phone, which I use for navigation.

This is why I really miss XM radio. That, and the crappy bluetooth interface that will sometimes get "hung up" displaying text message alerts endlessly, or take 10 minutes to connect, or only play sound from 1 side of the vehicle, or...

I ripped all my CD to a low profile USB drive and it's permanently placed in the USB slot.

I've been slowly ripping my CD collection since we got the CX-5, I'm doing it right at this moment. I've only reached the F's and I already have enough music to fill two 32gb flashdrives. And look at that, there's two flashdrive ports on the CX-5.

Cool_487.gif

Great idea. Didn't think of just leaving it plugged into the USB slot. However, how is the sound quality compared to playing using the CD?

If anything though, this seems to be a great workaround for the 2017 and future models that will not come with a CD player.

If you rip at a high bit rate (320 kbps) you won't be able to tell the difference between the CD and the digital file, not in a car environment anyways. IF you had a high end home stereo system you might be able to tell the difference but for most people it will be more than good enough.

That is a brilliant suggestion! How do you format the USB and do you just copy the files into it?

Get a 32gb flashdrive (it has to be formatted using FAT 32), that's the largest that the CX-5 will support, and just copy your folders that contain the music files to the flashdrive. It's as simple as that.

Does the CX 5 support any lossless codecs? Flac? Wma?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Does the CX 5 support any lossless codecs? Flac? Wma?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

According to the owner's manual for the 2016.5 CX-5 with the 'type B' display, MP3/WMA/AAC/OGG files are supported. This does included lossless formats.

Back