Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Jeep is back in the driveway.

The Jeep is back in the driveway.

Mine for a week. Any questions?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

CX-5 2015 Diesel 2.2 sportsline black all incl.

Wich you like better
    "Airwolf101" black 2015 2.2D 175 AWD - up 210/505 NM all incl. FL mirrors, totally dark windows at back, brake caliper yellow, Climair at front windows, Taiwan hood lifter, day drive light, trunk light LED's xxl, mirror modul, footwell lighting w remote, Wiechers sport dome strut bar, HG Motorsport 114mm BullX exhaust, 20'Tires spacers 15mm, C&S OBD modification, deadbutton for all electronic, 2Can bus modul for DPF reg. AWD-traction. oil-temp. & batterie charge, evil eyes, follow me home light, Napoli close ..........next: whidening the wheel's (not Topline) + spacers 25mm front 30mm back - DOPE

LOL. My mother in law is a strange bird. She wants me to drive her car when she leaves it. The last time she left it for a week...It never moved. I'll drive it this week. I shall call this week *Mazda appreciation week*

Last edited by 7eregrine; 03-19-2017 at 11:33 AM.

The Jeep is back in the driveway.

Exactly I will have the week after this one a Skoda Oktavia estate from my parents after bring them to airport with their car.
    Last edited by ImVKool; 03-19-2017 at 11:35 AM.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Just got back from breakfast.
    3 things:
    Someone said the other day it's annoying to remote start the Mazda and then have it shut off when you open the door. I remote stated mom's Jeep. Got in. Car wouldn't move out of Reverse. Wtf? Oh, I forgot...You have to put the key in. That's annoying.

Then we leave the restaurant...Doh. I forgot. You have to lock the doors, it's not automatic. I feel like I've gone back in time to ... 2012.

The heated steering wheel is a nice feature though.

Last edited by 7eregrine; 03-19-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Yeah LOL
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Mother in Law also left me the new Consumer Reports 2017 Auto Issue because she wanted me to see how well the Mazda's did this year. Now, I'm not generally a big believer in C-R reports, but they do talk pretty glowing about the Mazda's. Wow. Every one is a "Recommend Buy". Including the #1 rated sports car: Miata.

One of the smaller reasons I passed on the Jeep was because of reliability issues I had read about, especially with the new 9 speed tranny. These were supposedly fixed in 2017, but there were far far too many issues with them in 15 & 16.
    Yea, Jeep did NOT do well in this CR Auto Edition.

Mazda appreciation day 1.
    2 more things:
    I wear my seatbelt 99.5% of the time. When I go to the drugstore at the end of my residential street is about the only time I don't wear it. Seatbelt reminder never stops. Ok, that's not a big deal. But this one?
    Walk out of the drugstore. Bag in one hand, big dog food bag in the other. Grab the door handle. Crap. Locked. Set bag on the ground, fumble around my pockets to find the key. Barbaric! 😀

Donated: $5

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT FWD w/Tech Soul Red/Parchment

What! No foot activated tailgate? Oh the horror! jk

I don't remember what year and model your MIL's Jeep is. My sister in law has a '16 Renegade and it does have keyless entry but it's got some other quirks. I haven't driven it except to move it in my driveway to wash it but I noticed then, when you put it in Park, the E-parking brake automatically activates. That's different. Another oddity happened when I was actually washing it. I know I had it completely off (not in ACC) but when I'd rinse the windshield with the hose, the headlights would turn on! IIRC i had to get the fob out of the area to get it to stop doing it. It's funny how different manufactures have different quirks.

I should​ have mentioned that. It's actually a 2017. It's a Latitude which is a mid trim level. Of course, Jeep has at least 5 trims so I'm sure keyless might be available on the higher trimmed ones. The Latitude was what I was cross shopping though.
    Yea, I'm still anti auto liftgates. Unless it can also be used manually...Like the 2017 CX5. Advanced keyless I just have to have. Both my cars have it. Although on the Volvo it's a standard feature.

Registered Member

CX5 2.5L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by 7eregrine View Post
    Just got back from breakfast.
    3 things:
    Someone said the other day it's annoying to remote start the Mazda and then have it shut off when you open the door. I remote stated mom's Jeep. Got in. Car wouldn't move out of Reverse. Wtf? Oh, I forgot...You have to put the key in. That's annoying.

Then we leave the restaurant...Doh. I forgot. You have to lock the doors, it's not automatic. I feel like I've gone back in time to ... 2012.

The heated steering wheel is a nice feature though.

Is that something new for the 2016.5 mazda? I always have to lock my doors...but unlike you other guys, my car won't let me lock the keys in it. I'll take that trade...

Registered Member

CX5 2.5L AWD

Mother in Law also left me the new Consumer Reports 2017 Auto Issue because she wanted me to see how well the Mazda's did this year. Now, I'm not generally a big believer in C-R reports, but they do talk pretty glowing about the Mazda's. Wow. Every one is a "Recommend Buy". Including the #1 rated sports car: Miata.

One of the smaller reasons I passed on the Jeep was because of reliability issues I had read about, especially with the new 9 speed tranny. These were supposedly fixed in 2017, but there were far far too many issues with them in 15 & 16.
    Yea, Jeep did NOT do well in this CR Auto Edition.
    CR was the one source I went to before buying my CX5. I gave no damn about everything but "reliability", and it was glowing.

Miata as the "best" sports car? A sports car is like a man's dog, woman, or gun. Rather personal for another man to be telling him "best", IMO

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 GT

I should​ have mentioned that. It's actually a 2017. It's a Latitude which is a mid trim level. Of course, Jeep has at least 5 trims so I'm sure keyless might be available on the higher trimmed ones. The Latitude was what I was cross shopping though.
    Yea, I'm still anti auto liftgates. Unless it can also be used manually...Like the 2017 CX5. Advanced keyless I just have to have. Both my cars have it. Although on the Volvo it's a standard feature.

Actually, my 2014 AWD GT does not have it. I did not get the tech package and regret it. Having to get out the key to unlock to door after biking is a pain.

I also spent two days in a rental car Rogue. Basic low end model but terrible car.

Registered Member

16 CX-5 GT AWD w/ Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Miata as the "best" sports car? A sports car is like a man's dog, woman, or gun. Rather personal for another man to be telling him "best", IMO
    You should really go check Youtube. There are so many videos and reviews on the Miata being the most/best fun sports car to drive. Many choosing to drive it over Ferraris, Porsche, etc. Doesn't mean it is technically the best, but I think it's a pretty unanimous that the 16 Miata is one of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Is that something new for the 2016.5 mazda? I always have to lock my doors...but unlike you other guys, my car won't let me lock the keys in it. I'll take that trade...
    Do you have the tech package? I'm pretty sure it's not a .5 feature. It's called "walk away lock". It automatically locks when you walk away and the key isn't inside. Also can't lock keys in car.
    It's also neat because it beeps when you walk away so if it doesn't beep at me I know I forgot my key in the car. Not must have, but cool.

Last edited by 7eregrine; 03-19-2017 at 08:18 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast