Diesel vs gas torque/mph graph

If that is the case then with full-size trucks it's almost completely backwards. They are quick in the city but the passing power from 60 on up is where they really shine because they are able to build the boost quick and stay on the power curve longer. Before I bought my 2014 I drove the same basic trucks , one with the 6.7 Cummins and the other with the 6.4 hemi, the hemi was a little peppier around town but on the highway the 6.7 was much stronger. Even in comparison with in the truck world. The Chevy and Ford's tend to be quicker in a drag from dead stop but on the highway the Dodge tended to perform better and it had the lower HP. I'm looking forward to driving one when the dealer gets one. The biggest thing will be how they program the trans to do it's job and that where manufacturers have gotten it wrong may time before.
It all depends on where the torque is being generated in the RPM range. A flat torque curve all the way to redline means that in WOT situations, the vehicle will still feel really fast at high RPM. Considering one of your trucks has at least 200+ hp and at least 400 lb-ft of torque, I think it is enough to make it go fast at highway speeds when passing.

I don't think anyone will be disappointed with the CX-5 diesel.

The performance is good, everything about the performance will put a smile on your face.
The 150ps is the sweeter engine it revs without effort and has good performance, the 175ps is quicker but not by that much, in the UK both are rated the same on the government tests, not that means anything in the real world, but it worth noting.

I tow a 1565kg caravan, and my next one due is 1636kg, and i expect it to tow with out effort, in fact I'm having the caravan plated to 1700kg.

Back