Hill Assist & SB City

7eregrine

The man, the myth, the legend
:
Land of Cleve
:
2016.5 CX5
Got to try this for the first time on a hill that I would notice it on. Really steep hill coming out of a deep valley. No one behind me, I was like ok, let's see if it really works? Took my foot off the brake. Didn't move. Nice! A little thing, but cool.

The thing I really wanted to ask: has anyone had the Smart City Braking work yet? I'm curious if I just let my foot off the brake in the garage, will it really stop me short of the garage wall? Afraid to really try it. LOL

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

yeah the hill assist is really nice. Haven't had the SCBS go off yet. Guess that's a good thing lol

On my Akera I have smart city brake support both front and rear of vehicle.

I can tell you they work!

When I tow either my small 6x4' box trailer or my boat, I have to remember to go into the menu and turn SCBS off, because when I first tried to back the trailer into my driveway, the system detected the trailer behind the car and slammed the brakes on!

I also tend to coast down my driveway (forwards) into the garage in neutral - I was a bit slow hitting the garage door auto opener one time, but I judged that the car would still sneak under as the door went up - but the SCBS system disagreed and bam! Brakes on hard!

Hill assist is excellent - I particularly notice it when I am pulling the boat/trailer out of steep slippery boat ramps. Not even a small movement backwards. Very nice.

Last edited:
Akers is an Australian GT if anyone didn't know (like me)

Akers is an Australian GT if anyone didn't know (like me)

Not quite-

Its the GT plus every possible extra option pack plus some extras. Our range models go, from lowest to highest:

Maxx
Maxx Sport
GT
Akera

Akera gets, additional to what we get on GT:

MRCC
Adaptive LED headlights
Driver attention alert
Forward obstruction warning
Lane departure warning
Lane keep assist
Side monitor camera
Smart city BS front & rear.

There are no option packs or options available for Akera, because it has everything available as standard. Just pick accessories .....

Last edited:
I was leaving the parking garage at work and they have a gate that is a bit slow. Drove up on it and was preparing to brake when my CX5 screeched to a halt and the dash lit up. I was like "Damn, settle down, I was going to stop in time. Geesh!"

I can say my Mazda3 did kick in the breaks before I was able to slam them before hitting a car that turned out in front of me at an intersection in December. So they do work. Sadly not fast enough in my case....Went from 35 to about 10-12.....damn jackass.

Back