Anyone with Running Boards on their 2106/2017 CX-9

:
2016 CX-9 Signature
I've been waiting to see if Mazda would release OEM running boards for the new CX-9. Once I realized they never released any for the prior generation I figure I won't bother waiting for OEM as it probably won't happen, so with that said has anyone installed any aftermarket generic running boards ? If yes can you post a pic, I'd really like to install a set on my wife's CX-9

R.

I'm hoping to find flared ones similar to the MDX. They annoy me to no end and I just need them for the passengers in the back.

we have some available from a Australian Manufacturer in a couple weeks. Ill update you when i get them

Hi can you give me any info on your running boards. Would be interested in getting some as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bushranger 4x4 make them and are available at any tjm or arb

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

For the older, original generation, these were available outside the US only. Haven't seen anything similar for the newer model yet.

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

Last edited:
I've been waiting to see if Mazda would release OEM running boards for the new CX-9. Once I realized they never released any for the prior generation I figure I won't bother waiting for OEM as it probably won't happen, so with that said has anyone installed any aftermarket generic running boards ? If yes can you post a pic, I'd really like to install a set on my wife's CX-9

R.

The CX-9 is just not tall enough for us to have boards. But, I can certainly understand the potential need. My biggest concerns would be the net effect on actual over-travel clearance height and whether or not the aftermarket boards looked OEM. When I test drove the MDX during my eval phase, it had OEM boards. However, they were too narrow for us to feel comfortable using. We could not get enough of the board under our shoe and constantly slipped off entering and existing. It was rather annoying and something that ranked in our decision against the MDX.

Hope you get'em sized right width wise without taking away too much clearance underneath.

These popped up in an eBay.ca search:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/MIT-MAZDA-C...ash=item2136eee0db:g:~DoAAOSw6lRaWv3O&vxp=mtr

$$$ though..

**Edit: For some reason, if you check the compatibility in the listing, it says it isn't compatible with the CX-9. But the title and the third photo in the listing suggest that they are.

I must say, this looks very nicely executed. Good find. This would seem to checks off all the boxes, too: OEM looking, low vertical profile and sufficient surface area to grab on egress/ingress. I like the look of these - just can's use'em.

Back