Rust protection?

:
Honda Prelude 2001
Anyone applied rust protection on their new cx9? Apparently Mazda dies not recommend using 3rd party applications.

Anyone applied rust protection on their new cx9? Apparently Mazda dies not recommend using 3rd party applications.

Look underneath, and look at the fabric-like liners and plastic panels: without removing this, it would be tough to do a proper job.
Same for door bottoms: it's well protected from paint chips, with the plastic trim.

I didn't get mine done, but may spend some time this summer looking for places that may need some protection. It will be some work, with all the plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't add any after-market rust proofing to a modern car, these cars are very well covered during the assembly process. They typically clog up drain holes and often leave places where debris and moisture can collect and make matters worse. There is a reason that all the much-hyped "Rusty Moore" stuff has gone by the wayside.

I wouldn't add any after-market rust proofing to a modern car, these cars are very well covered during the assembly process. They typically clog up drain holes and often leave places where debris and moisture can collect and make matters worse. There is a reason that all the much-hyped "Rusty Moore" stuff has gone by the wayside.

totally agree with this...I made the mistake of getting the dealer offered after market protections (corrosion, rust, under proofing, paint protection, etc) that I realized afterwards weren't really necessary and if you really wanted them that you can get for cheaper in other places..spent $1300 more than my budget and was in a way pressured to decide on the spot when I sat in that room with the finance guy..won't make that mistake again in future and the learning is to never sign the papers with the wife in the same room as I was firm on my decision initially (not to get any options added) but my wife got scared with all those stories told by the finance guy! oh well..

Back