2017 Owner's manual is now available online (U.S./Canada/Mexico)

:
Mississauga, CA
:
2017 CX-5 GT
for people interested, the 2017 owner's manual for U.S., Canada and Mexico has been published here

for people interested, the 2017 owner's manual for U.S., Canada and Mexico has been published here

This is fantastic. When I got my 2014, it came with a Japanese manual (of course) but I wanted an English language one as well. So they tracked down an Australian version, which was fine, except that there were a few differences between the Aus and the JP vehicles, and this being the land of rules, where you are only entitled to one manual, they took my Japanese one. Grrrr.

So this will be helpful.

Thanks for this!!!
Now when I go for a test drive, and the sales guy's like "Here, let me show you have this works.", I can be all like "Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm a pro. I got this. You can go now."

Thanks for this!!!
Now when I go for a test drive, and the sales guy's like "Here, let me show you have this works.", I can be all like "Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm a pro. I got this. You can go now."

My rule is never let the sales guy come on a test drive :)

But yeah, I'll be saying "move over, I know more about this car than you..."

ughh no !!!!!! hard to find new CX-9 style wiper connector got carried over to 2017 CX-5 !!!, not the universal J-connector ,

I knew Mazda would do something like this.......

see CX-9 owner's frustrations, it's not just the hard to find connector, the wiper itself is crap when it comes to cleaning the windshield, but there's really no choices out there but to buy from Mazda : https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123858253-2016-CX-9-Wiper-Blade-Connector&p=6498861#post6498861

at least , it looks like they're still be a real spare and not a can of fix-a-flat

Last edited:
ughh no !!!!!! hard to find new CX-9 style wiper connector got carried over to 2017 CX-5 !!!, not the universal J-connector ,

I knew Mazda would do something like this.......

see CX-9 owner's frustrations, it's not just the hard to find connector, the wiper itself is crap when it comes to cleaning the windshield, but there's really no choices out there but to buy from Mazda : https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123858253-2016-CX-9-Wiper-Blade-Connector&p=6498861#post6498861

this is very true, my co-worker has the new CX-9 and hates the OEM wiper and wanted to swap it out for another brand but couldn't, there isn't any, hopefully once the demand grows , it'll be easier, still don;t know why they need to re-invent the wheel for a freaking wiper connector, the universal J-connector is tried and proven for years.....

well, at least, there's no spare tire penalty if you opt with the subwoofer system, just a tad more hassle to disconnect but that's a small price to pay

I was happy to read the drivers seat has up and down thigh adjustment. This is missing from the cx-9 which was a deal breaker for me.

Thanks for posting!! Interesting that according to this Owner's Manual the 2017 model is still offering Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM) only, while the 2017 spec sheet posted in another thread indicates Advanced BSM (ABSM), like what we have on the latest CX-9:

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123859415-2017-CX-5-Official-Canadian-Info
That spec sheet is for Cananian and can be different from US version. Remember Canadian gets memory seat and power passenger seat for 2016.5 CX-5 but we don't!

But this manual is also for Canadians. We could still get ABSM. The manual simply didn't get updated properly.

this is very true, my co-worker has the new CX-9 and hates the OEM wiper and wanted to swap it out for another brand but couldn't, there isn't any, hopefully once the demand grows , it'll be easier, still don;t know why they need to re-invent the wheel for a freaking wiper connector, the universal J-connector is tried and proven for years.....
I agree. Mazda shouldn't change the wiper hook for no reason! The problem is unless there're more bigger car manufactures adapt this proprietary hook otherwise the availability of this style of wipers will be slow. I thought Mazda is listening ⋯ ;)

After reading through the manual, I thought many functions are very similar to previous-gen CX-5 in many ways. Assuming the contents of this 2017 Mazda CX-5 Owner's Manual is correct, I came up with the following interesting finds:

• 2017 CX-5 has true 8-way power driver's seat with seat bottom tilt adjustment unlike new CX-9 which has only 6-way adjustments on claimed 8-way power seat.
  • Added liftgate release buttons on remote key fob and front dash are nice, but only with power liftgate.
  • Fuel-filler door release now moved from floor to lower dash next to hood release.
  • Power window now can be operated for 40 seconds after ignition is off with all doors closed.
  • Type A instrument cluster with Multi-information Display has new engine coolant temperature gauge and BMW-style analog instant MPG gauge in different display selections.
  • Active Driving Display (HUD) has 2 types: Windshield type (special windshield - expensive to replace) and Auto Flip-up type. Doesn't say which one is for new CX-5.
  • Possible Euro-style manual-type headlight leveling dial switch?
  • New Windshield Wiper De-icer is controlled by Rear Window Defogger switch.
  • Confirmed no open/close dial on center dash air vents found in other region's CX-5.
  • Now "Previous" and "Next" audio buttons on steering wheel are combined with INFO switch/buttons.
  • All 3, front、center、rear cigarette-lighter type power sockets are now switched.
  • 2 holes in cargo floor are now covered as hidden storage compartments.
  • "Flexible" oil change interval now caped at 12 months / 7,500 miles instead of 12 months / 10,000 miles previously.
  • Windshield wiper now use proprietary hook like new CX-9 instead of universal J hook!
  • Looks like we do keep compact spare tire even with Bose sub-woofer shown in flat-tire change section. But it also mentions "annual inspection" for Emergency Flat Tire Repair Kit in Scheduled Maintenance.
  • Engine oil capacity for SkyActiv-G 2.5L still say 4.8 US quarts but it should be at least 5.25 quarts.
  • Transfer case oil stays the same - 0.48 US quarts; but the capacity of rear differential oil has further reduced to 0.37 US quarts! We all know in 1st-gen CX-5 AWD the spec says 0.48 US quarts for rear differential but the fact of matter is it should be around 0.75 quarts!
:)

yrwei52;6499498 [* said:
Active Driving Display (HUD) has 2 types: Windshield type (special windshield - expensive to replace) and Auto Flip-up type. Doesn't say which one is for new CX-5.

Thanks for the list. HUD for U.S. has been confirm as windshield type per trim sheet.

I was happy to read the drivers seat has up and down thigh adjustment. This is missing from the cx-9 which was a deal breaker for me.
I was worried too like the proprietary wiper hook. Fortunately Mazda didn't follow CX-9's path on this and kept the true 8-way power driver's seat. The worse thing to me is Mazda still says 8-way Power Drivet's Seat in all of its CX-9 spec sheets and sales brochures although it should be 6 ways now!

Thanks for the list. HUD for U.S. has been confirm as windshield type per trim sheet.
Thanks for clarification. New CX-5 has thicker windshield with noise isolation film for laminated glass. With windshield type HUD this means the windshield replacement can be expensive!

Back