Vibration during hard acceleration from stop

:
2022 CX-5 Turbo
Since new I have had this annoying issue, other than this, I love my '16 Mazda6 GT (w/ tech).

I went back to the salesguy to testdrive another GT, and found the same issue.
Hence, I think this is a common problem (maybe I was wrong. 2 is a small sample pool).

Anyway, while car is fully stationary, if I accelerate a bit harder (not full throttle, but, says, to 3000-4000rpm),
the car (mainly through firewall and gas pedal, not steering wheel) vibrates quite badly.

During break-in period, I did not accelerate hard. So, the problem never showed up to me.

I wonder if anyone has similar issue.
Before you pin it on tires or alignment, the car drives perfectly fine on cruising speed. No vibration, and drives straight.
Tires show no sign of cupping or strange wear. It has 20K miles now.
Haven't done alignment yet since the problem existed since new.

Any clues?
I am suspecting engine mount, but there is not *clunking* sound when it accelerates.

It is fine to live with it if I don't accelerate like I stole it.....which is bad for the car anymore.
Acceleration by following the flow of traffic shows no vibration at all.
Highway speed? No problem. Silky smooth.
It only shows when you want to beat the driver next to you off line.
It gets worse when it goes up a hill.

Any suggestions are welcome.
I have mentioned this to dealership I bought from.
They (of course) said "this is normal"....

Exhaust hangers and motor mounts are the first things that pop to my mind for your description.

Can you find a spot like a large empty parking lot to try it in reverse?

Will do.
What can I tell in reverse?
I'm thinking that you can narrow things down a little bit...

When you are driving it in reverse, it's going to load the motor mounts in the other direction as well as the exhaust hangers.

I am thinking that if you still notice the vibration in reverse, then it could be something else like motor, transmission, drive shafts, tires, etc.

Will try over the weekend.
I am inclined to think that it is the 1st gear not perfectly balanced.
If I accelerate slowly, the tranny goes to 2nd quickly. The 1st gear is not stressed.
If I accelerate aggressively, that put stress on the 1st. It vibrates to a point that I can feel the resonating through the firewall and footwall.

It was my mistake that I did not test-drive it to the extreme.
I have a '14 Mazda3 with the same engine and transmission. I assumed that it should be similar in driving dynamics. No so.
My Mazda3 has no such issue at all......Silky smooth in any gears and any speed.
Same brand/model of tires (diff sizes).

Thanks for the feedback.

Tested it over the weekend.
Small vibration in reverse gear. Not in the same magnitude as the 1st gear charging forward.
I will let a service adviser take a look, together with my wheel issues.

The clear coating of GT dark wheels are peeling off badly.
Mazda will replace all four of them. Waiting for the shipment.
Thanks,
Any more opinions are welcome.

Back