03.5 MSP #81 engine swap, no start

:
Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege
Hello all, I'm at my wits end and this forum is where I got much of my info for my build. Story is I bought #81 a year ago and have been working on it in my spare time. Anyways, bought it with a faulty rebuilt engine and it blew on the drive home. New/rebuilt engine, rebuilt trans, Tein suspension kit. Went to try and start it and it would crank and then a wire from the block going to the ground near the top of the strut tower melted. After that, nothing I would do could get it to crank again. Engine 10a fuse keeps blowing anytime I turn to ignition, thought it was the ecu but I get the same issues with a swapped ecu. I also get the temp gauge pinged at hot, oil pressure warning light, abs warning light, and check engine light. I'm not sure where to go from here and I desperately need assistance!! Thank you for reading my post!

My car did that for a few days and it ended up being a bad ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same problem waiting for a new computer now.

I got one from a junkyard to see if that was the issue, however I still get the same warning lights and no crank issue. Replacing the main fuse solved my temp max issue, and rewiring the engine bay solved my blowing fuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried the alarm bypass button under the driver's side of the dash to see if the alarm is preventing it from cranking? Did the starter burn up or the starter solenoid fail?

Back