CarPlay and Android Auto coming soon to all Mazda

SOON....

Sometime
Or
Obviously
Never

I asked my wife whom is Japanese to search the Japanese site, Mazda Japan twitter feeds and Japanese Mazda postings. Mazda's customers their too want the same.. they are asking and getting the same response from reps with "Soon" and working bugs out along with licensing agreements...
if parts are going to be needed in replace units as some have suggested, they they would also have to have thousands of units all ready to go before the release date and shipped to dealers world wide.. this costs a lot of money. If it's just a software update then maybe still working the bugs and licensing agreements out.

In any case... Come on Mazda get on with it... :)

Exactly! Mazda needs to pick up their game. Great auto company but little details like this are killing their brand in a bad way!

Has there been any updates anyone has heard? Thanks

Maybe it will not help to give any information from Mazda Headquarters directly, but there are so many forum topics all over the world about whether if Mazda will ever bring an MZD Connect update with Android Auto and Apple Carplay.

But I would really like to know, how many people would like to have it and made a simple petition about it.

Please, if you all like, sign this petition and tell as much other AA en AC lovers as possible to sign it too!

I do not have the illusion, that Mazda will change his plans or ideas, or suddenly will give us extra information about it, but maybe, if we really have a lot of people signed it, it will help to speed up the development of AA en AC in our Mazda, or at least made Mazda do some anouncement about it!

Here is a link to the petition:
https://www.petitions24.com/android_auto_and_apple_carply_for_mazda_mzd_connect_system

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

Here's what I wrote to mazdacustomerexperience@mazdausa.com 2017-Oct 6:

Do you have an availability date for the android auto update? If not, can you confirm that it will be available as an upgrade?

Here's the response I got:

Thank you for contacting Mazda Customer Experience Center. At this time, there is no ETA for when we will be incorporating the AndroidAuto system into our current vehicles, but we will be implementing this technology into our current system when we believe that it meets our company philosophy.

Doesn't sound promising to me.

Here's what I wrote to mazdacustomerexperience@mazdausa.com 2017-Oct 6:

Do you have an availability date for the android auto update? If not, can you confirm that it will be available as an upgrade?

Here's the response I got:

Thank you for contacting Mazda Customer Experience Center. At this time, there is no ETA for when we will be incorporating the AndroidAuto system into our current vehicles, but we will be implementing this technology into our current system when we believe that it meets our company philosophy.

Doesn't sound promising to me.

No. Guys, forget it. Let it be a pleasant surprise when Mazda drops the news that it's available. Until then, put android auto on it yourself by hacking your system (AT YOUR OWN RISK) here. Note: Mazda has tried to limit our ability to do this in the latest firmware. If you get service at your dealer, tell them not to touch your infotainment system or the software on it until Mazda releases android auto.

I asked my dealership when I serviced my car the other day and their comment was, don’t hold your breath. Mazda is pretty stubborn.

Haven't we kind of beaten this subject to death?
Multiple threads on this subject, with no end or solution in sight.
Maybe the admins can meld or join all of these AA/carplay threads into one????
The more threads on this subject, the more ammo we give to Mango.

Back