2017 CX-5 -- Official Canadian Info

Thx. Do you know if the Mazda starter is actually made by Mazda or a junk unit the dealer buys off the shelf? Concern is the easy/proper tie-in with the car instead of wire splicing required by aftermarket units. Not sure if anyone knows, but I've been wondering that.

Both the App and the 2nd fob is Mazda. I never need remote start in Texas - so not sure what aftermarket options are. But there might be members who have these.

Allow me to clear up the Fob business.

A) Mazda made it VERY easy to install an afermarket system on this car. There's a thread around here where many people have done this themselves. Many dealers will offer this to, and they have a "preferred company" come in and do it. This is what I did. $400. I'm sure they charged me an extra $100 for it. The system is Pursuit. Pr-Trans.com The range is amazing @ 1000ft.
B) The 2 fob option was quoted to me at $550. The second Mazda made fob will start your car and also control the heat, AC and the rear defroster. This is why it's a second fob. There are alot of electronics in there. CR-V do that? :D
C) Is the app. $650 installed. Read the reviews in the app store.

Back