New Member (I searched...not a thread?)

Loyd

:
2016 CX-5 Grand Touring
Hello everyone,

My name is Jesse, and I'm a new owner of a 2016 CX-5 Brand Touring. I bought this car after my last car decided it didn't want to play anymore (I'm coming from a 2007 Audi A4...very very modified). Overall impressions of the CX-5...not super impressed in any way, but it has the right things that i need right now. I plan to have it for the next 4 years, and i purchased it to be a family car, but have some sport left in it. Below i will list whats in it, and what i have questions about. I have read through the forums a little, but i prefer direct information, which i hope i can get here with your help.

Grand Touring....

It has:

HID lights
Bose
Blind Spot detection

It does not have:

Cool radar range thing
City safety whatever
Adaptable Headlights or LED taillights

What I'm looking for:

New bulbs for my headlights (4000-5000k(
Matching fog lights
Something for the sound system (I feel its too frontal focused despite the fade and even with bose, it doesn't sound balanced....the amp is loud AF though).
Mayyybe Piano black trim as mine is the gunmetal looking metallic.

Thats my starter. I hope to converse, learn and be a good dude over here....help me love this thing even more. Cheers! (drive2)(drinks)

- Jesse

xg08i.jpg
[/IMG]

Hello everyone,

My name is Jesse, and I'm a new owner of a 2016 CX-5 Brand Touring. I bought this car after my last car decided it didn't want to play anymore (I'm coming from a 2007 Audi A4...very very modified). Overall impressions of the CX-5...not super impressed in any way, but it has the right things that i need right now. I plan to have it for the next 4 years, and i purchased it to be a family car, but have some sport left in it. Below i will list whats in it, and what i have questions about. I have read through the forums a little, but i prefer direct information, which i hope i can get here with your help.

Grand Touring....

It has:

HID lights
Bose
Blind Spot detection

It does not have:

Cool radar range thing
City safety whatever
Adaptable Headlights or LED taillights

What I'm looking for:

New bulbs for my headlights (4000-5000k(
Matching fog lights
Something for the sound system (I feel its too frontal focused despite the fade and even with bose, it doesn't sound balanced....the amp is loud AF though).
Mayyybe Piano black trim as mine is the gunmetal looking metallic.

Thats my starter. I hope to converse, learn and be a good dude over here....help me love this thing even more. Cheers! (drive2)(drinks)

- Jesse

xg08ijpg
[/IM]

Sounds like we agree on how we view this vehicle. Careful though, a lot of people here think it's the second coming of the X5 ///M.

Now, as to your questions, I don't honestly know. I left mine stock as a rock because it didn't impress me enough to do anything to it other than drive it and use it for the mundane tasks it was created. Chris should be along soon though, and he will be able to point you in all the right directions!

Last edited:
Welcome to the club!

Unotanium you use quote far too liberally. You replied to the first post. No need to quote. LOL

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Haha, thanks. I said "Brand" not Grand Touring, lol. I plan to replace the headlights for visibility (looks ok too) tint the front windows and put a few of the factory add ons on it, for practicality. I have no intention to do anything else to it...even painting the dull grey body parts. For what the vehicle is made for, its pretty nice, but its not my Audi. I need to have some expectation management here. Mazdas are nice vehicles, and I'm paying for one so i can't be too snobbish hahaha.

Why didn't you just get a X1 with m-sport then? Then could have remained snobby about it? 🤣

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

BMWs are nice, but too expensive for my budget atm. Mazda is a good fit right now.

Coming from a modified A4, how is the road handling of the taller lower powered CX-5 with stock suspension and tires?

The 2006 A4 I had was not that impressive regarding steering. Boost was WAY too high at slower speeds. I ended up unplugging the relay that controlled this. At higher speeds, it was numb. And the feeling of confidence and being in control wasn't there. An example: I had a 2000 Outback with -1 wheels/tires. I could round a decreasing radius 270 degree off-ramp at 62-64 mph at the apex. In the audi, pushing 58 felt sketchy. The Impreza that replaced the A4 was better handling in every respect.

My 16.6 CX-5 AWD handles better than the Impreza, although the higher center of gravity is noticable. I can push traction limits further in the CX-5 than the Imp. The A4 had terrible understeer (with a Torsen diff). The Imp had significant, but controllable understeer. The CX-5, under power, is very neutral in roundabouts. I love this!

The 2006 A4 I had was not that impressive regarding steering. Boost was WAY too high at slower speeds. I ended up unplugging the relay that controlled this. At higher speeds, it was numb. And the feeling of confidence and being in control wasn't there. An example: I had a 2000 Outback with -1 wheels/tires. I could round a decreasing radius 270 degree off-ramp at 62-64 mph at the apex. In the audi, pushing 58 felt sketchy. The Impreza that replaced the A4 was better handling in every respect.

My 16.6 CX-5 AWD handles better than the Impreza, although the higher center of gravity is noticable. I can push traction limits further in the CX-5 than the Imp. The A4 had terrible understeer (with a Torsen diff). The Imp had significant, but controllable understeer. The CX-5, under power, is very neutral in roundabouts. I love this!

Rebound control in the cx5 impresses me for a stiff cuv suspension.

"Overall impressions of the CX-5...not super impressed in any way, but it has the right things that i need right now."

OP knows what he's talking about.

CX-5um - I think it handles pretty well for what it is. Clearly there is a big difference in body roll and its def more loose per say. My Audi had the same size wheels, but lower profile tires and was dropped hard on COs. Additionally, I had an RS4 rear sway bar, upgraded control arms and so on....The only crossover/SUV I've driven that feels better than the CX-5 overall is the Audi Q5, but yeah, different category (and twice the pri$e). Really, the comparrison is apples and oranges. However, to reitaerate, after driving this thing for a bit, i think it performs well for its class.

Kaps - Thats a die cut sticker I made for my record label (The CAST Project) It says CAST but the way its designed is vertical, not horizontal.

CX-500 - Never driven an Impreza, so i can't compare.

jlx21 - Indeed!

The only crossover/SUV I've driven that feels better than the CX-5 overall is the Audi Q5, but yeah, different category (and twice the pri$e). Really, the comparrison is apples and oranges. However, to reitaerate, after driving this thing for a bit, i think it performs well for its class.

I'd describe the CX-5 as a lifted Mazda3 Hatchback. A Mazda3 Hatchback spec'd into a CUV.

Kaps - Thats a die cut sticker I made for my record label (The CAST Project) It says CAST but the way its designed is vertical, not horizontal.

I probably want to make something with my daughter's name on it. Do you have any software or can i outsource it to someone after the design? I just hate all the decals except yours and ImVKools 247 Mazdalogo.

Maybe I will do a vertical mazda.

Kaps - PM me

Otherwise, i did ask about something things, including lighting. I would also like to replace my interior lighting with LEDs, and if they make them, rear license plate LEDs that don't trip any codes. Any ideas on these or what things i originally posted? Anyone? Bueller?

Kaps - PM me

Otherwise, i did ask about something things, including lighting. I would also like to replace my interior lighting with LEDs, and if they make them, rear license plate LEDs that don't trip any codes. Any ideas on these or what things i originally posted? Anyone? Bueller?

Alls cool - i am not good at designing stuff. I will pick up some ready made stuff available on the webs. Thank you!

Latest posts

Back