Looks like carplay & andriod auto coming

Yea it made my day as well.

Btw how do you guys mount your phones? I prefer not to attach a holder to the windshield. So using the air vent?

Yea it made my day as well.

Btw how do you guys mount your phones? I prefer not to attach a holder to the windshield. So using the air vent?

I use the magnetic type of holder. Basically its a strong magnet on a set of prongs that clip to the vent. If you search for Wizgear you'll see what I mean. I use a phone case so putting the metal plate needed inside my Speck iphone case works great. I have the magnetic mount in both my vehicles and I am very pleased with how well it holds the phone and the ease of use.

I use the magnetic type of holder. Basically its a strong magnet on a set of prongs that clip to the vent. If you search for Wizgear you'll see what I mean. I use a phone case so putting the metal plate needed inside my Speck iphone case works great. I have the magnetic mount in both my vehicles and I am very pleased with how well it holds the phone and the ease of use.

I have the same one. Works great with my iPhone, though no matter where I put the mount I'm always knocking the phone off of it when trying to shut the car off, change the temperature, etc.

And thanks OP!

I actually ordered a similar one recently, my only concern is how warm my iPhone will get once the heater is on full blast. For the time being laying the phone in landscape position along the display unit has worked except that it obviously blocks anything on the screen. CarPlay will definitely make life easier!

I got excited because I thought it would be soon, then I saw this:

“Mazda has been a CarPlay and Android Auto partner since 2014, so it is no secret that we are developing both systems to interface with our Mazda Connect infotainment system. Both software systems should be retroactively upgradable onto all Mazda Connect systems with a potentially minimal hardware addition needed. Mazda does not yet have an official timeline for when these should be available or at what cost, however.”

They've been working on it since 2014, and have not yet given an official timeline. I'm not holding my breath on this! I'll believe it once I see it in my car.

I actually ordered a similar one recently, my only concern is how warm my iPhone will get once the heater is on full blast. For the time being laying the phone in landscape position along the display unit has worked except that it obviously blocks anything on the screen. CarPlay will definitely make life easier!

That's very true about the temperature. My phone is ok getting warm but it's not happy when it gets cold (2 year old phone battery). I'm expecting an issue in the summer when the AC is blasting it.

+1 on CarPlay. Make it happen Mazda!

Canada already have heated steering wheel, and heated rear seats is in the new cx5. I expect all of these plus g vector will be part of the 18 model. Which suck cause I need the car now and just got the 17.

Now on to vented front seats, heated steering wheel, heated rear seats and pano sunroof!

Mazda can incorporate most common features in upcoming years but not the panoramic roof this generation. That generally has to be designed in during the development of the vehicle. Can't​ just decide to cut a hole out of the roof after you made the decision not to, at least in an economical sense. Structurally​, it's a whole different thing. Is it possible? Yes, but Mazda won't do it because they decided against it for fundamental Mazda reasons.

Also people seem to think that panoramic roofs are common. They actually aren't. Typically, only the top trims ($45K) of these vehicles have the option. Most models sold don't have it yet the internet expects it.

Latest posts

Back