Possible to update firmware in 2012 CX-5?

mrukk

:
CX-5
Hi guys. Anyone know if it is possible to update the firmware in the entertainment system of the 2012 Mazda CX-5? I can find a ton of information about how to update newer infotainment systems, but nothing that relates back that far (or instructions for how to even find out current versions etc). Maybe I just need a newer car? :)

That's why old entertainment owners have been moved to other solutions

if I did help you, please hit "thanks" button

That's why old entertainment owners have been moved to other solutions

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure what this means. Is there some other forum section for me to go to, or does it just mean there is no easy solution and people have gone to 'other solutions', whatever they are?

Thanks again.

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure what this means. Is there some other forum section for me to go to, or does it just mean there is no easy solution and people have gone to 'other solutions', whatever they are?

It means that for your year vehicle, there are no easy firmware updates that will improve what you have.
You may need to look at a head unit upgrade. For example, it was just announced today that Mazad will embrace CarPlay, but then too, only for Mazda Connect systems since 2014.

https://9to5mac.com/2017/03/13/mazda-carplay-updates-connect/

I was looking at upgrading to a newer H/U but I may wait to see how this will work in my 2014 system.

for you, you may wish to upgrade.

Thanks for that. I'll have a look at what the options are for upgrading. Thanks again for your time!

Brilliant. Thanks very much for that. Exactly the info I was after. I suspect now that I am thinking about it, I'll just go ahead and update the head unit, but thanks again for the reply!

Happy to help :)

Mazda 2012-2014 NB1 headunit :
8ebe00d7c0d26179e688de2d27418ba3.jpg

Mazda 2015 &up mazdaconnect headunit:
47302dbf9f990fe5aa759ead26dad4bf.jpg

Mazdaconnect is able to be updated. There are some files out there to add Android auto and video player to mazdaconnect

AFAIK there is no update (and never was) for nb1 units. Only TomTom updates and Bluetooth new module for specific 2014's

8ebe00d7c0d26179e688de2d27418ba3.jpg

Mazda 2015 &up mazdaconnect headunit:
47302dbf9f990fe5aa759ead26dad4bf.jpg

Mazdaconnect is able to be updated. There are some files out there to add Android auto and video player to mazdaconnect

AFAIK there is no update (and never was) for nb1 units. Only TomTom updates and Bluetooth new module for specific 2014's

Model year 2015 uses the older head unit.

If that's the case for the NB1 unit, that 'MazdaConnect' cannot be updated for CarPlay, then I'm looking at a new H/U.

thanks, will be monitoring this for CarPlay

Back