Fitted Seat Covers?

Comsat80

:
CX-5 Sport FWD 6-Speed Manual
Does anyone have any experience with seat covers for the CX-5?

I just picked up a used '14 CX-5 Sport FWD w/6-speed manual. It's low miles and in great shape but I know that my wife and I will be hard on the fabric seats. We want to get seat covers but want them to fit as well as possible and hold up over time. Waterproof is nice but we don't have kids or a dog so it might be overkill.

I've been looking at:

https://www.wetokole.com/ and

https://www.carid.com/coverking/coverking-seat-covers-44598477.html

No experience with seat covers. Out of curiosity, where are you taking a CX-5 where you will have the chance to be hard on the seat covers?

Also...I have owned vehicles 30 years old with cloth seats. Just fine.

Another thing, my Dad owns a carpet and upholstery cleaning company. Most anything you can do to that seat can be un-done, short of physical damage, and it shouldn't cost much in the scheme of things.

No experience with seat covers. Out of curiosity, where are you taking a CX-5 where you will have the chance to be hard on the seat covers?

Also...I have owned vehicles 30 years old with cloth seats. Just fine.

Another thing, my Dad owns a carpet and upholstery cleaning company. Most anything you can do to that seat can be un-done, short of physical damage, and it shouldn't cost much in the scheme of things.

Our seat fabric has held up pretty well to my surprise. I snag here or there otherwise all it needs is upholstery cleaning to look new. I think other people's seats have ripped. Possibly due to keys or foreign objects?

I had a Dakota for 10 years with cloth seats. It went on many road trips where conditions were... less than pristine :) They clean up fine and didn't show wear, despite sometimes being used by outright slobs (passengers). That said, I think I read elsewhere here that someone was recommending neoprene covers as alternatives.

I bought the Coverking front bucket seat covers (spacer Mesh). It took a long time to get installed, especially the bottom cushion cover. They fit nice and tight. The problem is when I took them off for cleaning, they were doing far more damage than good. It is a mesh, and let dust and dirt through. There is still dirt embedded in my fabric that I am trying to get out. It fits very tight, I see some wear on the fabric side from this. So now the covers are just in a box, Hard to though something away that costs so much.

I also see from going to the online Mazda parts websites. Replacement seat fabric is available. I kept my last mazda 25 years. So I will be buying just the replacement fabric and fitting them on the cushions, because I expect to keep this CX-5 for a very long time. For the sport its not that expensive, especially considering how much aftermarket seat covers cost.

Attachments

• IMG_2621.JPG
    IMG_2621.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 169
  • IMG_2620.JPG
    IMG_2620.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 147
Last edited:
I bought a set of wet okoles when I 1st got my Protege5 back in '01. When I traded the car in almost 15 years later, the seats were still new looking. In fact I took the covers out and put em in my MSP, and they're still doing fine. I have a dog, mountain bike, I like to surf a lot and I definitely don't worry about my seats.

Maybe a little expensive, but it's money well spent! Seriously, 15 years

I think my pic is still on their site

The last car I owned with cloth seats, '96 Jetta, the outside edges took noticeable wear from jeans rivets, keys, zippers, etc. I'm pretty OCD about car care but my significant other isn't quite as careful. (Don't tell her I said that...)

That and the fabric in the Sport looks like it wouldn't wear well so I'm glad to hear some of you report that it does. I'm still interested in covering them if I can find something good that doesn't break the bank.

Last edited:
I got the CK neoprene seat covers. They are good, but a bit pricey. At least I will not need to replace them.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

100% neoprene everywhere. They fit 95%. About 1/4" off in the seat with a little bit of rise. Overall a good fit.

I got the CK neoprene seat covers. They are good, but a bit pricey. At least I will not need to replace them.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but - is the seat cushion cover and the seat back cover separate pieces?

I'm also looking at seat covers for a possible 2017 CX5 Touring, primarily to protect against denim-transfer and dirt from beach/mountain outings. Does anyone know if the neoprenes from Wet Okole can be used with heated seats in the winter, or have other suggestions? The faux suede insert just doesn't look too durable...

Back