Mazda Website is dropping the ball

fw_fw

:
2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring
So on the day the press embargo is lifted, numerous websites with great first drives reviews, one goes to the Mazda USA website to see.......the same old stuff, with the new CX-5 pushed to the side in the coming vehicle section......sigh......

Come on Mazda, foster the excitement of a new vehicle release with an updated website with accurate up to date info, colors, packages, accessories, etc.........

They are probably trying not to kill sales before the new one comes out, I bet. Only us enthusiasts know everything about that 17.
Sketchy...

Yeah, even before reading the above, I thought..."Bro...their dealers...ugh...their pain." Mazda is probably not trying to rub salt in that wound.

Or their web designer doesn't have the material they need for whatever reason, just yet. Who knows?

Still, I HATE CAR WEBSITES! They all suck. They all want my zipcode and to know what kind of pets I have and all sorts of mess. Just show me the damn car with options/packages/trims. Don't bother me with my nearest dealer. I JUST WANT TO SEE THE CAR!!!!!

they're still trying to move 2016.5's off the lots before the new KF shows up.
Plus, the longer the keep it as a 'future vehicle' the more hype / excitement they can help foster. Annoying for us, yes but an effective marketing tool

Plus, I also think they don't want the full details up until the cars are actually on the showroom floors? Should only be 2 more weeks for us in California

They have a lot of 2016.5 CX-5's to sell....

My dealer I go to has 80 of them for sale as I type this...

They have a lot of 2016.5 CX-5's to sell....

My dealer I go to has 80 of them for sale as I type this...

Man that's a lot of 2016s. My dealer has about 60 2016 models. Interestingly they have 7 2017 CX-5's listed on their website.

Man that's a lot of 2016s. My dealer has about 60 2016 models. Interestingly they have 7 2017 CX-5's listed on their website.

Sounds like you have some following up to do?? (detect)

Sounds like you have some following up to do?? (detect)

My mistake, they have 12.

I have an appointment this Saturday for a Brake Flush. Will investigate for sure. May even test drive if available. Otherwise their probably on trucks enroute from Long Beach or L.A.

My Mazda6 was right off the truck and into the showroom before I bought it. It was a C.A.R.B California model.

Last edited:
When I bought mine a little over a month ago, there were over 600 CX-5s within a 50 mile radius of me... and those were just FWD Tourings.

80 there, 60 there, 25 in that town...dang. Bring back zoom zoom before you die, Mazda. Don't forget what saved the company in the 1st place...a sporty 2 door convertible SPORTS car. There are unibody SUVs coming out of every orifice or every car maker. Competition in that class is giant and that '17 has some catching up to do.

Meanwhile Alfa is back in the US and bringing the Spider and it's fkn beautiful. Fiat is coming with a new 124, summertime is around the corner, the $28,000 dollar ND is too expensive...etc etc etc.

Latest posts

Back