UPDATE on issue with multiple Warning Lights and loss of gearchange LED Indicator

BROADBEAN9513

:
CX5 2.2 D (175) SPORT NAV AWD WITH SAFETY PACK
UPDATE on issue with multiple Warning Lights and loss of gearchange LED Indicator caused by failure of exhaust gas pressure sensor, read on

Dear All Mazda CX-5 Diesel owners 2012-2013. My CX-5 had multiple issue with many warnings lights including , TPMS, ASC, Red hazard triangle, Engine management and also loss of the dash led indicator informing you when to change gear. Mazda eventually narrowed the fault down to a failed Exhaust Gas Pressure sensor!!!! My Car has done 50 K miles and has full Mazda Service History. The fee to me was 388 to change and diagnose fault. The most annoying thing about this is that I have found an old letter in my pack from Mazda UK saying that there was a Special Service Campaign and my car was one affected. I will be on the phone to see what Mazda UK have to say about this. Now I do not know whether they changed it a few years back but Mazda did say to me last week that my vehicle what not affected by the issue!!! Interesting. Glad I kept the letter. The campaign number if anyone wants to know is AD008A. Also surely the dealer carrying out the repairs would have seen this before? and also checked their computer systems for VIN etc??

"The most annoying thing about this is that I have found an old letter in my pack from Mazda UK saying that there was a Special Service Campaign and my car was one affected."

...and you ignored the letter when you received it?

Last edited:
Sorry mate; just a bit confused by: " ... I do not know whether they changed it a few years back.."

Back