Sold my P5 today...a new chapter with a different manufacturer

Hank3

Asian Persuasion <><
Contributor
:
2010 Mazda5 GT
Sold my P5 today at 140K miles for $3250. I was the second owner for seven reliable years. It was time to get into something different that was still practical. I was growing tired of rowing gears after 24 years of owning only MT cars (5 in total); I wanted something that my wife could drive should our Mazda5 needs some maintenance in the shop or a weekend home repair.

We purchased a 2014 Kia Soul Exclaim w/3K miles and ALL of the options - I love the panoramic sunroof and it feels very plush compared to the P5. Rides very smoothly and it will hopefully serve me and the family well!

A pretty big part-out thread will be up in days (lots of goodies like MSP rims, JDM Tails, Retrofitted headlights, bumper sag brackets, cargo mat and tray, rear bumper guard, Progress RSB, and etc...). I'll still be around on M247 as we still have our 2010 Mazda5, but probably won't be as active her in P5 land. Thank you everyone for your assistance over the years and many more happy and reliable miles to all of you!

Here she was this morning before she was purchased:

cache.php

cache.php

And some other pics:

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

And a few pics of the new daily commuter:

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

Last edited:
Hopefully it works out. A friend had a Kia, and had a problem after problem. They were warrantied but they hated it. Different model but hopefully it works out.

Hopefully it works out. A friend had a Kia, and had a problem after problem. They were warrantied but they hated it. Different model but hopefully it works out.

I tried to do as much research as I could and trust that the reliability ratings will carry over to my ownership. At some point you just have to take a leap of faith and hope for the best :) Warranty is a safety blanket but nobody likes to have to go to the dealership over and over again even if it's covered.

Hamster-mobile, looks nice though. My I went and test drove one with my mom a while ago, she now owns a new Mazda 3 haha.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Hamster-mobile, looks nice though. My I went and test drove one with my mom a while ago, she now owns a new Mazda 3 haha.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Was originally only shopping for either a 1st or 2nd gen MZ3 hatch (on/off for 2 years), but some deals fell through. Then Kia Soul popped on to the radar! There's a lot of nice premium features for what you pay for. But more things to break too...Lol.

I rented a car and was given a Soul. I liked it a bunch more than I thought I would. Enjoy it! Always been a bit of a fan of the Toaster cars, the Soul and the XB.

Why are all the rubber cargo mats so far away where shipping is so expensive? I might be interested in the bumper guard though, although I bet that might be a bit to ship as well.

Last edited:
Rented a Sonata last summer. Was a good car, except that I walked to the wrong car three or four times since all sedans look the same these days.

Congrats on the new ride.

The Soul is super plush and premium compared to the P5 with Tokicos, Tein springs, and MSP rims and tires. Granted the P5 is a 14-year-old car. But I wasn't expecting it to drive as nice as it does, with all of the premium features added in. Reliability has been good for the 2nd gen Souls and I really enjoy having a AT car after 24 years :)

Kia and Hyundai have come a LONG way. Very reputable these days IMO.

The P5 definitely served me well for the time I owned it. Was really time for us to have another AT car in the family and I wanted something nicer since I just turned 40...LOL

collage.jpg

Last edited:
Back