Issues with back up camera

From my experiences, problems usually go away at the next startup.
Unless, of course, some kind of hardware is broken.

To reduce chances of issues, (again from my experiences of owning 3 Mazdas with MID since 2014), please wait until the reboot completes before you take next step (such as putting the gear into "R").
v.59 is best I have so far.

Stupid? I know.
Mazda outsources this software to a lousy company.
They are just incompetent, if you ask me.

Please note latest version of software is now 59.00.502. Had it installed Thursday. Seems to load faster, Pandora is still quirky

Driving a 2016 CX-5 and have nothing but great things to say.

Tonight, the back up camera was working as usual. I had parked at my house and five minutes later, I went to leave. Camera stopped working completely.

When going into reverse, the screen will not move from the entertainment screen, showing whatever music is playing.

Anyone experience this before? Just want to see if there's a resolution before contacting the dealership.

Thanks.

This exact thing happened to me Friday night. Restarting the car did not resolve the problem. I did not do a reset.

Saturday morning it was working again. FM.

Backaup Camera Won't Display

Driving a 2016 CX-5 and have nothing but great things to say.

Tonight, the back up camera was working as usual. I had parked at my house and five minutes later, I went to leave. Camera stopped working completely.

When going into reverse, the screen will not move from the entertainment screen, showing whatever music is playing.

Anyone experience this before? Just want to see if there's a resolution before contacting the dealership.

Thanks.

I'm having the same problem with my 2018 CX-5 Touring FWD. Occasionally, when I shift into reverse the screen goes black and the backup camera doesn't display. Resetting the infotainment system will correct this, but it recurs at a later time.

I'm having the same problem with my 2018 CX-5 Touring FWD. Occasionally, when I shift into reverse the screen goes black and the backup camera doesn't display. Resetting the infotainment system will correct this, but it recurs at a later time.
Its time to visit your Mazda dealer for warranty service. Take a video when the back-up camera blacken out and show it to service advisor during the visit.

I guess OP would have resolved this issue by now. I just want to add that the only solution that works perfectly is updating the software or Firmware.

Back