Reviews Monday for 2017s?

And you wonder why people (me) say you are negative? Did you actually listen to it?
I don't like this reviewer. What you can say in 2 minutes he takes 20. Read his responses- he literally gets dirty while responding. All he is saying is don't pay for 2016.5 wait for 17s craze to die down something something.

That video was published 0n January 8, 2107 and is telling you to wait for the "upcoming" 2017!! (hand)

I don't like this reviewer. What you can say in 2 minutes he takes 20. Read his responses- he literally gets dirty while responding. All he is saying is don't pay for 2016.5 wait for 17s craze to die down something something.

Yes, he is long winded but my point is the same point over and over about yrwei52 who posts these negative post over and over again. And this is the perfect example. You know he posted this because he though it would be a negative video about the 2017 Mazda but instead is about a guy who love the CX-5 but is telling people not to buy it now as you wont' get a good deal as the new version is coming out.

Agree - I saw the video and that is what he was saying - its not a bad car but wait for 2017 or wait for 2017 craze to die down and get a discount.

And you wonder why people (me) say you are negative? Did you actually listen to it?
This video was originally posted by another member in another thread. Since this thread is for all reviews for 2017 CX-5, and I repost it here. I want to know why an Australian auto critic would against buying the number one selling CUV in his country. I thought people here are saying Mazda is reading this forum and we want Mazda to know its weak points, not just full of praise here! Yes this guy said some conventional wisdom about not buying a CX-5 right now and wait for new model and compare, but he did point out some weaknesses on CX-5 too.

Last edited:
This video was originally posted by another member in another thread. Since this thread is for all reviews for 2017 CX-5, and I repost it here. I want to know why an Australian auto critic would against buying the number one selling CUV in his country. I thought people here are saying Mazda is reading this forum and we want Mazda to know its weak points, not just full of praise here!

Its a 20 min video - he is not saying the car has faults etc. I have watched it. All he is saying is wait for new model or buy at appropriate time etc. I dont think he compares it to non Mazda cars in that video - just says dont sway with design language etc. - which is not a negative. I think at this point you are just re-posting any negative thread - atleast view the video to see.

Its a 20 min video - he is not saying the car has faults etc. I have watched it. All he is saying is wait for new model or buy at appropriate time etc. I dont think he compares it to non Mazda cars in that video - just says dont sway with design language etc. - which is not a negative. I think at this point you are just re-posting any negative thread - atleast view the video to see.
So if you feel this Australia video is not negative, why you say I'm just re-posting any negative thread? (uhm)

So if you feel this Australia video is not negative, why you say I'm just re-posting any negative thread? (uhm)

You are the definition of a troll. Your post was to share what you believed was a negative review of the new CX-5. Instead, it is the opposite of that. Your post is negative, not the video. The video host is trolling for hits, as that is his job.

Being critical and being negative are not the same thing. I don't find your posts to be critical in any way.

This video was originally posted by another member in another thread. Since this thread is for all reviews for 2017 CX-5, and I repost it here. I want to know why an Australian auto critic would against buying the number one selling CUV in his country. I thought people here are saying Mazda is reading this forum and we want Mazda to know its weak points, not just full of praise here! Yes this guy said some conventional wisdom about not buying a CX-5 right now and wait for new model and compare, but he did point out some weaknesses on CX-5 too.

Well, this isn't exactly a review is it? He makes a valid point to wait for the new model to arrive for people who are interested in buying a CX-5. It would be the same for any new model update. Ofcourse a new model is going to have some new improvements over the old model. No one ever said the CX-5 is a perfect car, not even Australia. Believe me this forum is far from full of praise for the CX-5. Do you seriously think Mazda is going to come to this forum to view this YouTube video which is not even a review per se. You're just being a negative Nancy again.

By the way, it appears Christmas does come in March for you as several reviews of the new CX-5 reiterated the price for the Touring preferred and i-activesense package which you must say is great value. I don't think Mazda would not correct a mistake by not adding $1000 on top of the price of those packages as you wrongly guessed and assumed as to mislead the public. Unfortunately for you it's hard for you to say it compares well to its competitors. It's no harm to be feel optimistic, excited and positive once in a while. There are plenty of good points in your chosen product believe it or not though it would be hard pressed for anyone to know that reading your posts. We're lucky that Mazda produces cars with their own passionate philosophies that are different to the norm. It brings variety to the market and promotes the appreciation and passion from its fans.

You are the definition of a troll. Your post was to share what you believed was a negative review of the new CX-5. Instead, it is the opposite of that. Your post is negative, not the video. The video host is trolling for hits, as that is his job.

Being critical and being negative are not the same thing. I don't find your posts to be critical in any way.
When I re-post the video, I said this's an interesting video. Since CX-5 is the no. 1 selling CUV in Australia and I was wondering why this guy was saying the opposite? The video turned out not to be an interesting review but I believe you simply jumped into conclusion before you even watched it and accused me posting nagative comment! You have personal agenda against me and keep accusing me posting negative comments, but you failed to recognize I've been contributing to forum members who have questions and problems, so as writing How-To writeups. I even answer questions via PM from some forum members who don't want posting questions publicly here. I also have been recommending friends and family purchasing CX-5's for the last 4 years and so far 6 of them bought CX-5 under my recommendation. Troll? don't think so!

I agree with yrwei. He is not a troll. Maybe has buyers remorse or holds MazdaNA to high standards.

⋯ Do you seriously think Mazda is going to come to this forum to view this YouTube video which is not even a review per se. You're just being a negative Nancy again.
It's not just me saying Mazda came to this forum ⋯
In the recent 2017 CX-5 Press briefing, (over 1 hr youtube video perfect for mazdanuts or nerds like me), I LOVED the slide that showed the screenshots from mazda forums like this, showing critical complaints or issues the folks like us have. That is why I prodded for your well given explanation.
I knew it. They do read our forums.

Seems like Mazda read our forums and covered a lot of bases and then some.

Major Forum complaints:
Quieter Cabin (class leader now)
Additional Engine option (may have the best lineup now)
Thicker windshield
Throttle response

Minor Forum complaints:
No stock woofer
Power Liftgate
CarPlay (TBD)

Others:
Headlights (LEDs now stock)
Road Handling (suspension tuned to 2013 specs + G Vectoring Control)
Safety (more high tensile steel used in frame)
i-active has been improved
Recline rear seats
Full-color heads-up display (HUD) which changes height position

By the way, it appears Christmas does come in March for you as several reviews of the new CX-5 reiterated the price for the Touring preferred and i-activesense package which you must say is great value. I don't think Mazda would not correct a mistake by not adding $1000 on top of the price of those packages as you wrongly guessed and assumed as to mislead the public.
We still don't know who is right as Mazda hasn't formally announce the MSRP. My assumption is based on at no time Mazda has priced under $1,000 for any optional packages! $780 for Touring Preferred Equipment Package and $625 for Touring i-ActivSense Package? Even Grand Touring Premium Package for 2017 costs us $1,830 and 2016.5 GT i-ActivSense costs us $1,500!

And again it's not just me either:
This is either wrong or the best package value for $ I've ever seen on any car:

A $780 Preferred Equipment package brings an auto-dimming rearview mirror, automatic headlights, rain-sensing windshield wipers, a 10-speaker Bose audio system, navigation, a power sunroof, and a power liftgate.

It's not just me saying Mazda came to this forum ⋯

We still don't know who is right as Mazda hasn't formally announce the MSRP. My assumption is based on at no time Mazda has priced under $1,000 for any optional packages! $780 for Touring Preferred Equipment Package and $625 for Touring i-ActivSense Package? Even Grand Touring Premium Package for 2017 costs us $1,830 and 2016.5 GT i-ActivSense costs us $1,500!

And again it's not just me either:

I'm sure this forum gets a visit now and again. I'm talking about your specific post about the advice on buying a CX-5. What use would that be for Mazda, seriously? It is not a review of a 2016 CX-5 nor a 2017 CX-5. The 2017 CX-5 is already in production. The info on that video you posted would be next to useless to Mazda corporation.

As for the MSRP prices, as of now I will believe the press release from actual Mazda USA over your assumption.

My 16.5 has absolutely normal j-hook wiper arms, and easy-to-replace wiper blade inserts...

???

2014 as well. I did spend the extra money for the OEM ones when I replaced them after using the cheap ones. The OEM ones look better and perform better in my opinion.

Back