Reviews Monday for 2017s?

FJ Cruiser ftw.. but seriously Mango's purchase notwithstanding I just disagree with the 'its still like a 4-5k spread' narrative- what if you include 2400 for 19s? c'mon guys that's just stupid. But whatever- the CX-5 is the affordable, fun to drive CUV gift to enthusiasts (yeah I went there) from one of the few auto companies that really seems to care how their products feel- first and foremost to the driver. No rear A/C vents, no power tailgate? Tough titties you're fine!! Don't go soft on me Mazda- there is beauty in simplicity! OK- that's enough kool-aid for me, I'm going to watch the Masters now...enjoy a monte-free weekend yall- peace.

Pretty much how I feel!

Enjoy the Masters!

FJ Cruiser ftw.. but seriously Mango's purchase notwithstanding I just disagree with the 'its still like a 4-5k spread' narrative- what if you include 2400 for 19s? c'mon guys that's just stupid. But whatever- the CX-5 is the affordable, fun to drive CUV gift to enthusiasts (yeah I went there) from one of the few auto companies that really seems to care how their products feel- first and foremost to the driver. No rear A/C vents, no power tailgate? Tough titties you're fine!! Don't go soft on me Mazda- there is beauty in simplicity! OK- that's enough kool-aid for me, I'm going to watch the Masters now...enjoy a monte-free weekend yall- peace.
Well said!

The debate between 2017 CR-V and 2017 CX-5 is now so boring that I don't even want to participate anymore. It was interesting two months ago, but now that the 2017 CX-5 are available for test drive and reviews, it's obvious that no one is comparing it to the CR-V anymore. Instead, the CX-5 is mentioned in the context of Audi, BMW, Lexus, ... reviews are littered with "premium", "refined", ...

Yes, the CR-V will continue to appeal to the mass who don't even know anything about car, and/or don't even bother looking at other options. And that's great, because that'll keep the CX-5 in the niche club/class, adding to its exclusive/premium feel.

(deadhorse
How about CX5 vs the new Tiguan lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I find the CRΛp discussion all over this forum quite tiresome

It's like someone can't help but quip "but CRΛp" in every thread

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

I got tears in my eyes. (ok not really). Well written.

My buddy has a bright yellow FJ. That thing is pretty sweet, I gotta admit.

Ok, I swear to stay out of any CR-V discussions from this day forward. 🤘

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

We were almost late to my daughter's lesson this afternoon, so I was driving a little aggressive. Turned a corner with ease but pushed it a little too hard I guess, I heard the tires screeched for a split second, sped up just to tail the car in front driving at 37-38mph on a 45mph-limit street. My daughter in the back went: "urgh, CR-V again". That was priceless.

I drove mostly Honda (Accords, Civic), but didn't know driving could be this fun until I get to drive the CX-5. I'm glad Mazda is making the CX-5 attractive, I hope everyone will give it a try, you won't know if there's a driver in you until you actually try it. To paraphrase Anton Ego from Ratatouille: "not everyone is a driver, but a driver can come from anyone" :)

Another thing that surprised me was that the CX-5 seemed to know that I was driving aggressive, and it stayed in the low gears a little longer. I was so surprised that I had to look at the dash to make sure I didn't turn on Sport mode by accident. After tailing the CR-V for about 30 seconds, it behaved normally again, I hope I didn't abuse it too much.

Nice. LOL
I rarely see people driving these types of vehicles very aggressively. Being in front off the line is me, too Although I saw one tonight. Black newer RAV4, finally caught up and see it's a 28-32 year old female. I would have had to dust her, if it wasn't my left turn. Ha!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

LoL, a good car encourages its driver to misbehave for sure

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

We were almost late to my daughter's lesson this afternoon, so I was driving a little aggressive. Turned a corner with ease but pushed it a little too hard I guess, I heard the tires screeched for a split second, sped up just to tail the car in front driving at 37-38mph on a 45mph-limit street. My daughter in the back went: "urgh, CR-V again". That was priceless.

I drove mostly Honda (Accords, Civic), but didn't know driving could be this fun until I get to drive the CX-5. I'm glad Mazda is making the CX-5 attractive, I hope everyone will give it a try, you won't know if there's a driver in you until you actually try it. To paraphrase Anton Ego from Ratatouille: "not everyone is a driver, but a driver can come from anyone" :)

Another thing that surprised me was that the CX-5 seemed to know that I was driving aggressive, and it stayed in the low gears a little longer. I was so surprised that I had to look at the dash to make sure I didn't turn on Sport mode by accident. After tailing the CR-V for about 30 seconds, it behaved normally again, I hope I didn't abuse it too much.

Check you tire pressure cold when you can. Usually low tire pressure equates to screeching in aggressive turns. My CX5 will handle extreme sharp curves at speed with no tire slip or screeching as long as the pressures are properly set. I follow the recommended 36lb's on the door jamb.

The reviewers are a bit 'goofy'...but pretty comprehensive review if you're interested.

Back