Mazda Party

7eregrine

The man, the myth, the legend
:
Land of Cleve
:
2016.5 CX5
Ain't no party like a Mazda party, cuz a Mazda party don't stop!

Yea, one of the (many) reasons I bought a CX5 is because it's not the best seller in the country. I don't like seeing my car everywhere I go.

69a56dd816e24f56fc4c3857f2f107f9.jpg

Yea, I don't mind seeing this in the parking lot every day. :) Occasionally a CX7 joins us, too. It's crazy!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Wow. I maybe see a couple CX-5s besides mine a day. Saw a 2016 Soul Red one on the way to work today. Very rare to see any others besides mine in a parking lot.

Saw about a bazillion of the other CUVs. Looking at a single CX-5 (mine), 2 Foresters, 4 CR-Vs, a Santa Fe, 2 Tuscans, 2 Outbacks, and 3 RAV-4s outside in the office parking lot.

Edit: Gotta say though, beautiful lineup there :)

It's crazy around here. I'd say the CX5 and Cherokee are both more popular the RAV4 / CR-V. Of course, the Jeep is made right down the road.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

When I was in the SE PA region, there were tons of Mazda's everywhere. CX-5's and CX-9s and 3s. Last year, I moved to the south and don't see them much at all. In PA, the Mazda dealer was always full of people, here, the place is bone empty. I may have seen my first CX-9 last week, in blue and it stood out.

I live in L.A. and I can't think of the last time I saw a CX-9 on the road! There's a red CX-5 down my street, and it caught my eye as I drove past it every day - it's one of the things that led me down the path to buy my own CX-5. There are a couple hundred cars in the parking lot here at work, and I rarely see any other CX-5s here either. Lots of more upscale SUVs though.

When I was in the SE PA region, there were tons of Mazda's everywhere. CX-5's and CX-9s and 3s. Last year, I moved to the south and don't see them much at all. In PA, the Mazda dealer was always full of people, here, the place is bone empty. I may have seen my first CX-9 last week, in blue and it stood out.

I will say this. Even though I don't see too many, I still see some every day. When I first bought mine in Apr 2013, I saw one maybe once a week.

Still less than the bazillion of other ones on the road. :)

We got about a half dozen at my office, latest of which i was influential on..mini convert, i said just drive it. Loaded white gt- generally hate white but with the dark wheels and trim, looks pretty good..Some smart co-workers:)

I will say this. Even though I don't see too many, I still see some every day. When I first bought mine in Apr 2013, I saw one maybe once a week.

Still less than the bazillion of other ones on the road. :)

Ha! One of my previous cars was a 1999 Forester, bought new in, well, 1999. Second year it was out iirc. Had NEVER seen or heard of one before reading its "Best Buy" review in Consumer Reports. I think it was months after buying it that we finally saw another one on the road.

In NYC Manhattan borough, lower mid-town Flatiron district where I work, I don't see CX-5's parked evenings on the streets when parking is free.
In the borough of Queens where I live I see a few more but not many. More so in the last six months. There are about three that I see within three blocks where I live. I see more Mazda 3's. In a small single store parking lot (20-30 cars) I'm usually always the only CX-5 in the lot.
Definitely more Honda CRV's, Nissan Rogue's, Rav 4's, and Lexus SUV's everywhere.

Already 3 CX5's in my company parking lot and I could very well be #4 soon. Another coworker is considering one as well...lol

CX5's are everywhere here - they are Australia's #1 selling SUV and are consistently in the list of top 10 selling cars.

Now, bear in mind we have a far smaller market than the US or OK, but at the same time, we have arguably a greater number of vehicle choices than either of those markets.... so sales are spread between many vehicles/manufcaturers. Mazda has 2 cars in the top 10 list, punches well over its weight.

See below for the top 10 list for 2016 (official VFACTS figures). (In brackets are comparison figures for all of 2015

1. Toyota HiLux – 42,104 (up from 35,161)
2. Toyota Corolla – 40,330 (down from 42,073)
3. Hyundai i30 – 37,772 (up from 32,306)
4. Ford Ranger – 36,934 (up from 29,185)
5. Mazda3 – 36,107 (down from 38,644)
6. Toyota Camry – 26,485 (down from 27,654)
7. Holden Commodore – 25,860 (down from 27,770)
8. Mazda CX-5 – 24,564 (down from 25,136)
9. Mitsubishi Triton – 21,987 (down from 25,338)
10. Hyundai Tucson – 20,132 (up from 5390 [new model])

I live in Hiroshima, where they are made. Hiroshima's entire economy revolves around the company. Our beloved baseball team is owned by a member of the Matsuda family (Mazda is a bastardization of Matsuda), we know him well enough. Here's a fun fact for you, Hiroshima Carp fans are considered the most insanely dedicated fans in Japan (Hanshin Tiger's fans might debate this), and the team's colors are red and white. This is why red is Mazda's signature body color, the fans here wanted it. It's also the reasoning behind the white interiors. Here in Japan the red color fetches an additional Y70,000 in cost, that's just under $700 USD. This said, over half the cars in town are Mazda. My wife's job involves a lot of interaction with the local government, so we "had" to get a Mazda, I'm glad I've always liked them and am glad we don't live in Nagoya (Toyota's hometown).

I live in Hiroshima, where they are made. Hiroshima's entire economy revolves around the company. Our beloved baseball team is owned by a member of the Matsuda family (Mazda is a bastardization of Matsuda), we know him well enough. Here's a fun fact for you, Hiroshima Carp fans are considered the most insanely dedicated fans in Japan (Hanshin Tiger's fans might debate this), and the team's colors are red and white. This is why red is Mazda's signature body color, the fans here wanted it. It's also the reasoning behind the white interiors. Here in Japan the red color fetches an additional Y70,000 in cost, that's just under $700 USD. This said, over half the cars in town are Mazda. My wife's job involves a lot of interaction with the local government, so we "had" to get a Mazda, I'm glad I've always liked them and am glad we don't live in Nagoya (Toyota's hometown).

LOL! Yes, i noticed that there were lots of Mazda's the two times that Ive visited Hiroshima! Beautiful city by the way, our Japanese friends (from Nagoya) got married at the Itsukushima shrine on Miyajima 10 years ago,(we were the only non-Japanese who attended) and we also love the Iwakuni area. That wooden bridge - what craftmanship!

Our friends from Nagoya drive a Toyota, they definitely dominate there! They almost disowned us when I got the red CX5!

Someone should remind Mazda that white leather and blue jeans dont mix well..... i had a choice between black leather interior and white, didnt hesitate to grab the black. White is wuite popular, though the salesman did warn us revthe jeans!

Last edited:

Great story - I love hearing stuff like this! Really adds context to my purchase.

Latest posts

Back