Resetting TPMS to new sensors on new wheels

Ziggity

:
2013 CX-5 Sport
Please can someone enlighten me or point me to a guide on how to pair my new tpms modules to my cx-5?

Thanks
Michael

the CX-5 doesn't use any sensors in the wheels for the TPMS... it uses the ABS wheel speed sensors to do this... if you paid for sensors, you've been conned!

the CX-5 doesn't use any sensors in the wheels for the TPMS... it uses the ABS wheel speed sensors to do this... if you paid for sensors, you've been conned!

I asked for them in the order but, after calling them just now, they don't fit anything til they check the vehicle.

Sounds more like a stupid owner and a sensible garage to me :D

Thanks!

There are no sensors inside the tires or wheels.

1. Inflate tires to desired pressure.
2. Turn ignition On
3. Press and hold TPMS Button until your hear beep and see TPMS light on dash flash.

That is it!

Last edited:

Hope you can return the tires if you have bought with sensor!
I would speak with the garage about this issue, otherwise I would change my friendly mazda trader/garage!

Cheers 101

Lol, do any of you read these posts?!

Once @TheMan, in post 2, said there aren't any, I phoned the garage to let them know I didn't need any. When I turned up there was no mention of the sensors and I didn't pay for any; they were very professional.

Thanks to asking here, there was no crisis ;)

Lol, do any of you read these posts?!

Once @TheMan, in post 2, said there aren't any, I phoned the garage to let them know I didn't need any. When I turned up there was no mention of the sensors and I didn't pay for any; they were very professional.

Thanks to asking here, there was no crisis ;)

I went back and re-read your message, as clear as MUD! LOL! Maybe it was lost in translation? (rockon)

True on my 2015 CX-5 but the owner's manual for the 2017 shows sensors shaped and located where the valve stems would be AND transmitting data by radio back to the receiver unit in the car. Also mention warnings during cold temperatures reducing tire pressure. Sure sounds like they've reverted back to actual inside the wheel sensors.

Section 4-172 in the 2017 Owner's manual I downloaded...

Last edited:
True on my 2015 CX-5 but the owner's manual for the 2017 shows sensors shaped and located where the valve stems would be AND transmitting data by radio back to the receiver unit in the car.

That is correct. It looks like for 2017, the CX-5 uses TPMS sensors inside each tire.

True on my 2015 CX-5 but the owner's manual for the 2017 shows sensors shaped and located where the valve stems would be AND transmitting data by radio back to the receiver unit in the car.

Yet another reason to get a 16.5!!!

If sensors on 2017 are in wheels, does it tell you the pressure in each tire and/or which one is low? My 2000 Corvette does...

If sensors on 2017 are in wheels, does it tell you the pressure in each tire and/or which one is low? My 2000 Corvette does...

Likely not on Mazda. They Chevies I've rented plus a Nissan Altima all did report individual tire PSI. Mazda system simply says at least 1 out of the 4 are low.

Hey fellas,

Got me a fresh new set of wheels for my '15 CX5 and am curious about whether they require the TPMS sensors in em or if the rubber valve stems will suffice. I know that its been mentioned in the thread that it might not be necessary but I just wanted to ask again for good measure since I have a different model than the OP and I wanna be sure. Been googling this and can't seem to get a straight answer one way or the other since there are some conflicting opinions.

Could someone please shed some light and lemme know if I'm gonna have a problem when I take these bad boys in to get mounted and balanced?

Many thanks in advance!

DCX

Last edited:
Hey fellas,

Got me a fresh new set of wheels for my '15 CX5 and am curious about whether they require the TPMS sensors in em or if the rubber valve stems will suffice. I know that its been mentioned in the thread that it might not be necessary but I just wanted to ask again for good measure since I have a different model than the OP and I wanna be sure. Been googling this and can't seem to get a straight answer one way or the other since there are some conflicting opinions.

Could someone please shed some light and lemme know if I'm gonna have a problem when I take these bad boys in to get mounted and balanced?

Many thanks in advance!

DCX

The years prior to 2017 do not use direct read sensors. The ABS module measures and processes wheel revolutions to determine pressure losses.

The years prior to 2017 do not use direct read sensors. The ABS module measures and processes wheel revolutions to determine pressure losses.

Many thanks my man (usa)... I know its a pain to clarify things like this to people like me so I appreciate it lot.

Cheers!

DCX

Back