Just picked up a 2016 AWD Grand Touring

I think the issue here is "no one asked you". lol Look, man, we were all having fun, talking about kids and how rotten they can be, or how great it is to not have kids. No one said "Hey Unopbtanium, how do you feel about the subject?"
I threw out my position, and then explained it. You will note I do this on ANY TOPIC. It's a forum. Opinions here are worth what you paid for them.
Instead of being fun and jovial, like we all were, you throw out that BS quote that's been shot down more then once ($466K for 2?) and then go on a near tirade about why you don't have kids, and yea, you kind of came off smarmy like you're doing it the right way. Because I think I am. However, some people enjoy kids, and you can't put a dollar/purpose amount on emotions. Can you honestly tell me the world needs more people? Or are people having kids "because they want to/mess up"? Be honest... And we're all wrong and must be broke and can't afford stuff. I never said that. I am sure many of you planned your careers around affording what you want to have...including kids and the things that come with them. That said, they aren't free. They do cost. I get tired of people missing work/dogging their responsibilities, because of them. Not everyone does, though. (Generally, CX5 buyers are the most affluent of the CUV buyers was a stat I read today Yeah? What's the average income of them? *curious*).
If you think anyone WITH kids never gave it a second thought that we could have kids with downs or something, that we haven't given that serious thought and genuinely feel for people that are in that situation... you have a bleak view of humanity, my friend. I promise you no decent parent has seen somenone like that and forgot about it 2 minutes later. There but for the grace of God... And you do know there are tests that you can do to see if your child has issues and then abort if you so choose. We did not do that test. Please don't turn this into an abortion thread now? No one cares how you feel about that, either. Some parents look into it, some don't. Like I said to another poster...if you know the risks, and it's your passion...who could fault you? I won't. but just because yours turned out solid, doesn't mean everyone's kid is going to be a blazing success story. It will ruin some people's lives, marriages, and so on. I've seen that, too.

But again... not the point. I am not going to argue about kids with you and how I think you are so wrong on many points. I notice something you seem unable to do is concede a point. So, all I'm asking is: if we are just having some fun and talking and good naturadly ribbing each other... do you have to get all serious and annoying? You basically killed the thread. Thanks man.
No one, even people who like you (lol), replied to your post to even discuss the talking points you made. That's what I mean by heavy handed.

You do have me curious now what you do for a living though. Care to share?

I work in healthcare. I get to deal with all of the worst that people have to offer...and some of the best. My job is the only one where you can be assaulted by someone with a knife or their fists and it doesn't matter, noone cares. You spend half a decade in school learning how to deal with politics (Oh trust me on that one...) and help people,and when a drunk manages to deck you at work...screw you, it's NOT ABOUT YOU. Sorry you weren't faster...(do you have any clue how many pencil-pushers would whine and piss all over themselves if someone decked them at work and their boss just shrugged and walked off? LOL)My job is the only one where people get to spit in your face and nothing happens unless you want to lose your license and wait tables (not that there is anything wrong with it). My job is the only one where you spend almost half a decade in college for someone to demand that you fluff their pillow and fetch their "roxies, man!" (because they can't get their fix of meth in the hospital...usually...).

My job is also the job where you get to actually, straight up, legit, save someone's life. My job is one where you get to be the person standing between someone losing their loved one, and that gap of nothingness that is death, and push the Reaper back a few paces, and watch that person go home with their wife of 50 years because of something YOU did. It's probably the most disgusting and annoying job...and also the most rewarding and fulfilling job, all rolled into one, that you can imagine. And if you think watching people's brains blown out leaking on my floor, and wrestling with HIV positive HEP C toting drunks, and watching people die on the regular hasn't changed me...well I'm sorry, it has. I've also been changed in other ways by the times I've sent that patient that "everyone knew was going to die" WALKING home with their family, or to their family, and known that without me, that family would be short a valued member. So I doubt that unless you're a cop, also in healthcare, military, or another career that deals with similar things, that you could ever ACTUALLY relate to how I think. And I'm just kindof different on my own, without all that :p

But I decided kids were not of interest when I was 8.I remember that discussion and situation clearly enough. I kindof plan ahead and have a long memory like that. I didn't have what you'd call a happy child-hood (I'm MUCH happier as an adult), and I see nothing enjoyable about being a kid, or marriage, or any of that mess, and so I never once considered having one, nor will I.

I have conceded MANY points on this forum. Like, at least 3. And I concede that I darkened the mood in your thread. But I guess I didn't see the gravity of it because there wasn't a lot of blood involved, and it kindof takes that to get me worked up into a "concerned" state ;)

*PS. Mentally retarded individuals (yes, this IS THE MEDICAL TERM) hold a bit of a special place for me. THROUGH NO FAULT of their own, they are often in bad places in life, and get treated poorly. But when I hear an adult call them a "re-re", or talk derogatory about them because of their condition behind their back, nothing will convince me that they aren't thumbing their noses at fate that their children (should they have them) "but for the grace of God...". SO yeah, there are PLENTY of people, I can assure you, who do not take seriously what I said, and by grace have danced blindly through the mine-field of fate. My lack of varnishing the results on a marriage and a life, of having a mentally retarded child is not to be mistaken with judging the situation, or looking down on the child. I am simply saying that is not a situation many people can TRULY deal with, nor is one that ANYONE wants to deal with, and I feel many people delude themselves with "I am so blessed..." posts, etc. No. You took an imperfect situation and are doing all you can, and I respect you for it. That said...not my passion...not my risk. It is also something that DID go into my consideration of having a child when I was younger.

Last edited:
I may not agree with everything you just said, but I will applaud you for knowing that you don't want children and then not having them. My wife works in the adoption field, and all I'll say is that the only thing worse than somebody having kids that they don't want is someone who wants kids but can't have them. Enjoy your future Lambo. ;)

Latest posts

Back