Just picked up a 2016 AWD Grand Touring

Oh agreed! I was always of the opinion if I did have kids, it would be when I was a bit older and while secure in my career path and finances, there's other major priorities first (like buying a house).

Yeah, except let me add that having a baby at 38 means... you're the oldest parent at the PTA meetings. There are drawbacks (mostly, I am tired ALL.THE.TIME). I'll spend money on a bed that helps me sleep better.

Yeah, except let me add that having a baby at 38 means... you're the oldest parent at the PTA meetings. There are drawbacks (mostly, I am tired ALL.THE.TIME). I'll spend money on a bed that helps me sleep better.

Well I'm 26, so I'd say I have some time. :)

But even so, don't want any kids heh.

I'm right there with ya sister! :D

39 for me - and the wife and I had twins! :D

edit: And they were the best thing that ever happened to me.

39 for me - and the wife and I had twins! :D

edit: And they were the best thing that ever happened to me.

Last night my 3 yo. was on war with wifey. She slept well in Daddy's arms !! Although I agree - the Child is the Father of the Man.
I literally have to beg her to get ready in morning - even telling her my Boss will yell at me.

Also my girl took a rock and started writing letters on my car, was so relived it was not my CX5 but my toyota ! She wrote the letter W lol.

I'm in my mid 30's with no kids but not by choice. I think I'm happier without kids but I'm sure the feeling of being a dad could be even more fulfilling. When I find that special woman who I believe wouldn't drown my kid/s in the bathtub I'm sure things will change. For now my 2 kids are named IRA and ROTH.

Let the roast continue kids vs no kids. no sleep vs deep boredom

Also my girl took a rock and started writing letters on my car, was so relived it was not my CX5 but my toyota ! She wrote the letter W lol.
That's horrific!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I don't know where my other post went but the handling is fantastic. the road feel and steering feels like a car not a boat. Out of all the CUV's it had the least cabin roll to me.

I'm in my mid 30's with no kids but not by choice. I think I'm happier without kids but I'm sure the feeling of being a dad could be even more fulfilling. When I find that special woman who I believe wouldn't drown my kid/s in the bathtub I'm sure things will change. For now my 2 kids are named IRA and ROTH.

Let the roast continue kids vs no kids. no sleep vs deep boredom

Vs. Boredom? Ummm....

Wow, this thread sure took a left turn tangent off the deep end!

For the record, kids are great and it's possible to have them and some spending money as well. We have two boys, the youngest was born the same year as Unobtanium. We also have three grandsons, who are also great!

LOL!

I recall a co-worker that had a convertible Camaro, his kid and his neighbors kid played a few games of TIC TAC TOE with a rock on the door. Complete with the WIN LINES!

Oh the horror! I can still see it when I close my eyes...

Wow, this thread sure took a left turn tangent off the deep end!

For the record, kids are great and it's possible to have them and some spending money as well. We have two boys, the youngest was born the same year as Unobtanium. We also have three grandsons, who are also great!

This is true, but when I got my career, I planned it without them in the picture. 2 Children, not counting college, will cost a total of $466K to raise from 0-17, barring any medical, developmental, legal, or other freak issues, to the minimal standards required by DHS.

So yes, it's possible to also have spending money. Or matching Lambo Huricans. I'll take the Huricans. Without the "cave-drawings" on the side.

Thank goodness that my kids are nearly paid off! Just another couple years to go on the financing.

Ah yes, that famous $233K figure I've seen thrown about elsewhere. Look it up. That includes housing. So the cost for 2 does not double and it assumes you buy a new house for that family. Many don't.
Really OT now.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

This is true, but when I got my career, I planned it without them in the picture. 2 Children, not counting college, will cost a total of $466K to raise from 0-17, barring any medical, developmental, legal, or other freak issues, to the minimal standards required by DHS.

So yes, it's possible to also have spending money. Or matching Lambo Huricans. I'll take the Huricans. Without the "cave-drawings" on the side.

Sooooooo.

Where's your Lambo?

The cost of raising two kids..... priceless

Maybe.

What about the risk involved? Who's to say the child you have won't have some sort of disorder that will entail you or your spouse quitting your jobs to care for? You will NEVER see them grow-up and leave the house? They will be at your funerals, with the relatives that have now inherited their care...or as wards of the state, if their disease doesn't cause a premature death. And you will be on Facebook telling everyone how blessed you are to have a child that cost you your career, and will never advance beyond colorful picture-drawings, or celebrating the life-long goal of tying their own shoes?

That may sound harsh, or cruel, but it's reality. Many people have children like that, and it's something you have to be prepared to accept as a distinct possibility when you "decide to have kids".

Then there is the guy like my neighbor. Great guy. Has a company, makes plenty of money, raised 3 kids. Two of them are wonderful people, very successful, happy, well-balanced. The 3rd was always a piece of s***. Oh, he wasn't spoiled, either. His father even sent him to boot camp trying to correct his streak of worthlessness. Didn't work. He's doing 20 in state for shooting a guy over a drug deal gone bad. Spent a pretty penny keeping him out of the chair/life. What if that were his ONLY kid? I guess he could show off the baby photos and kindof not talk about the rest?

Then there is my Dad. He gave up his plane, his 'vette, his Harley, and was forced to see his X wife and act 100% normal for the sake of me, every other week-end as they passed me off. Then, I moved out, went to college, paid him back what he requested for helping me fund my college, and we are good friends. But really? I personally do not think that having me on the end of the phone as his personal advisor for all things medical and firearm related was worth the emotional and monetary costs he invested. I inquired as to this, and he disagreed and expressed that this was not the case, but he and I are also different people, so I respect his difference of opinion. Point being, "everything went right" for me. I moved out. I got a job where I never ask for money. I never once had him dragged into court over my wrongdoings. Etc. And I still do NOT think that the balance-beam made me a "good decision", personally.

YMMV, but I have the ability to step outside of myself and look at things from a null perspective, and I just do not get the point of having kids. Of course, some people love kids. IN that case, there are plenty without a home that are wards of the state that could use a good home. But you want YOUR kids. So much for the argument "you're just too selfish to have kids" that some people throw at me...

Last edited:
Sooooooo.

Where's your Lambo?

I bought a Z06 instead.
Then I sold it and bought a bunch of Class III firearms.
Then I bought 35 acres
Now I've sold that and am buying a house on a larger (for most) piece of land (15-50 acres).

I'm only 30, so I'm only 1/2 way into the "dual Lambos" situation. Give me another 8-9 years :)

I bought a Z06 instead.
Then I sold it and bought a bunch of Class III firearms.
Then I bought 35 acres
Now I've sold that and am buying a house on a larger (for most) piece of land (15-50 acres).

I'm only 30, so I'm only 1/2 way into the "dual Lambos" situation. Give me another 8-9 years :)

Your dad sounds cool, I would know I'm also a pilot. That explains a lot about what you've shown us to be interests. Also I still find it baffling how you drive a stock cx5.

17097356_10158262003310487_5601671722806293338_o.jpg

Back