Styling analysis of 2017 CX-5

In one of the many videos on here the talking head said they took the swoop out and put the window chrome strip on the bottom part of side windows only and leaned the windscreen back to lower the centre of gravity in the design.

I think they nailed it but I agree if it was lowered a bit then it would look sweeter but you are defeating the purpose.

Yeah, I mean I get it, but I think it's making the 2017 look a little more like every other CUV.

paris1 and dougal---agree with your comments.I really didn't need the bulkier cuv/suv rear end.I really would have liked a jacked up mazda 6 hatchback for easier ingress/egress ,ground clearance and sleeker lines while still having some cargo capacity and something that still doesn't look like a station wagon(not that the cx-5 does).What'd Mick Jagger say? "ya can't always get what ya want".

Another US holdout :(

mazda-mazda-6-wagon-2016-pics-159644.jpg

We miss on the good s*** like 2.2 Awd wagons with bigger intercooler and ecu tuning..
7ZZALh9.jpg

IekIDH3.jpg

8AmXz8M.jpg

I might've bought a 6 wagon. ;)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

We get the 6 Wagon here, but no CX9. It is a beautiful car, and handles amazingly, I just like the height of the CX series better. We also have a few mini vans and dozens of sub compacts. Of course the one car I really want is the CX9.

Anyway, regarding the power gate, stop complaining about it until you try it. It's fantastic, unlike other power gates I've used before and the one here can be opened like a manual, or using the power - perfect when my hands are full and the ground it wet, and I don't want to put the items down in a puddle. It also has an autostop feature, so that you can open it partially (if you're in a cramped garage or something).

I've also mentioned the driver's seat memory earlier in another thread, but yes, it has two memory buttons, and the seats have many more settings than my 2014 one (height, front back, recline, lumbar, seat angle - different than recline).

As pretty as the 2014 (and other pre2017 CX5s) are, side by side with the new one, it looks surprisingly dated, and I love how much more visibility the new one has regarding the shrinking of the blind spots.

We get the 6 Wagon here, but no CX9. It is a beautiful car, and handles amazingly, I just like the height of the CX series better. We also have a few mini vans and dozens of sub compacts. Of course the one car I really want is the CX9.

Anyway, regarding the power gate, stop complaining about it until you try it. It's fantastic, unlike other power gates I've used before and the one here can be opened like a manual, or using the power - perfect when my hands are full and the ground it wet, and I don't want to put the items down in a puddle. It also has an autostop feature, so that you can open it partially (if you're in a cramped garage or something).

I've also mentioned the driver's seat memory earlier in another thread, but yes, it has two memory buttons, and the seats have many more settings than my 2014 one (height, front back, recline, lumbar, seat angle - different than recline).

As pretty as the 2014 (and other pre2017 CX5s) are, side by side with the new one, it looks surprisingly dated, and I love how much more visibility the new one has regarding the shrinking of the blind spots.

Regarding the blindspots, can you share more on that? I thought the car was the same as far as size of windows and everything.

A pillars are smaller. Awesome news that the liftgates can be done manually.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Regarding the blindspots, can you share more on that? I thought the car was the same as far as size of windows and everything.
They redesigned the sides of the car, so the rear door windows and pillars in the back have been moved. We have an intersection that angles weird and makes the current blindspot really a pain/safety factor, when Mazda brought the new version of the car by our house for a test drive, I noticed I didn't need my passenger's help to see this time.

Useful information thanks.

Industry surveys indicate that women prefer this feature by a great margin. So, yes, ideal for the target market.

yea, but im a man and i find it disappointing when a cuv in this class and price doesn't come with one. i was shocked when i heard the 1st gen never had it (power lift gate)

great feature on the new cx5 that even the new crv doesnt have is the pass through in the 2nd row. there was a video on youtube, the middle seat can go down to serve as a pass through so snowboards and skis can go right through or other long objects and still haul 4 passengers. im not sure if the 1st gen cx5 has that, but if not that was neat.

horrible design feature is putting the USB port chargers in the 2nd row on the middle seat fold down armrest. what if you have 3 passengers? new crv's is right in the center vent behind the center console.

From the video it looks like the cx5 can recline a bit more than the new crv. very nice and often overlooked feature. ironic for mazda to add that nice creature comfort but lack on others such as android auto apple car play, hands free liftgate, standard remote start on keyfob to name a few.

exterior is 10/10 though. and the top trim gets 19s too? wow.

horrible design feature is putting the USB port chargers in the 2nd row on the middle seat fold down armrest. what if you have 3 passengers? new crv's is right in the center vent behind the center console.
There is at least one other (I think two though, but definitely at least one) USB port in the front armrest.

Latest posts

Back