The $500 MSP Revival Build Thread

Mica yellow. Cant tell you how many times i park in a packed lot and im the only bright ******* yellow car. Never lose where the cars parked though lol

Having a yellow p5 has always made me hate the color of the yellow msps. Mostly because the yellow 03.5 lips don't match my yellow, but also because the yellow on the p5 looks a lot better.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Have you ever seen the blazing yellow in person? It's actually a really nice color, it's multi-stage pearl like the spicy orange. The yellow P5s didn't even have a clear coat...

Have you ever seen the blazing yellow in person? It's actually a really nice color, it's multi-stage pearl like the spicy orange. The yellow P5s didn't even have a clear coat...
Yeah, I've seen them, and I will admit that the quality of the paint on my p5 is going downhill, however they are still yellower.

Currently: After getting new tires for the car and finally mounted on the RHs. Then I wet sanded and buffed the front and rear lips which brought them to life for being rattle can paint and clear.

Awesome! Love reading posts like these. Great job bringing the MSP back to life. Its a shame to see how other people mistreat these cars. They may not be the quickest off the line but they are overall good looking..... keep it up (headbang)

Yeah it sure is amazing what people put these and other cars through. And what is interesting is this is common in the MSP/Protege world and then you get a new set of owners and those owners complain that the cars arent reliable. Well, thats because previous owners neglected what is now a 14+ year old car.

Anyways, Updated the first page with a lot more pics. Still more to come...

Most people complain about the MSP because they either don't care to learn how to work on them or are too stupid. It amazes me how simple some people are these days.

They are about as basic as a turbocharged car can be, and they are very reliable when maintained and modded properly.

2 minutes on some of the FB protege groups and I have to log off from face-palming so much. So much stupidity and misinformation.

Sorry for the long break in updates. Not much has gone on with the MSP since I got it on the road. It attended it's first SCCA Track Night even last october at Palmer Motorsports Park. And now I just got a Corksport exhaust for it. FMIC piping, core, etc have been ordered. More things coming this year and more track eventst too.

YqU6Gvu.jpg

Last edited:
so..... when are you going to kl swap it. haha

in 5 more years... once the rolling 20 year limit for obdii emissions here in NH make my car exempt lol. That was a nightmare with the last protege. I do miss the KL though.

For $500 the body looks like its in amazing shape. Good for you for bringing this car back to life!

in 5 more years... once the rolling 20 year limit for obdii emissions here in NH make my car exempt lol. That was a nightmare with the last protege. I do miss the KL though.

dang i didn't catch your reply lol. you think you like the KL better than the boosted FS?

Nice work! Love the look of the painted transmission and wheels! I recommend getting an upgraded exhaust manifold if you get a chance. Makes a huge difference either steed speed or pope.

Every time I think I may want to revisit my old MSP I'm reminded of how many times I rebuilt the turbo, and transmission. I love the idea of a 750$ rebuild but it would have to be a spicy orange one. Awesome thread!

Back