US Prices released for 2017 range.

Thanks for posting this, confirms price of awd gt i posted in another thread. Touring with preferred looking like a very interesting option indeed, getting excited, want to drive already and feel those extra 3 ponies haha

Race me on my congested city freeways in my 16 Rawrrrrrrrrrrrr

Well all-right. This does make it a no-brainer versus the 2016.5, unless you don't like the tweaked aesthetics :)

I hate the new aesthetics of the 2017. Absolutely HATE it.

I am loving the new tech that's going into the 2017, but I think they ruined the look of the exterior.

Wow doesn't seem different enough to evoke hate but i kinda hear you, reserving final judgement until i see and more importantly drive. If the hood and mirrors no longer appear as they might acheive liftoff on the highway that'll be a quick and easy upgrade...don't know if these may have been resolved with the refresh already tho..

I hate the new aesthetics of the 2017. Absolutely HATE it.

I am loving the new tech that's going into the 2017, but I think they ruined the look of the exterior.

I don't mind the exterior so much, but I think they ruined the look of the INTERIOR.

Wow doesn't seem different enough to evoke hate but i kinda hear you, reserving final judgement until i see and more importantly drive. If the hood and mirrors no longer appear as they might acheive liftoff on the highway that'll be a quick and easy upgrade...don't know if these may have been resolved with the refresh already tho..

I mean, I'll look at one in person, but as it is now, I don't like it.

I love the side profile of my 2014 with that "swoop". That's gone on the 2017, and now it look like any other generic CUV to me.

Nice pricing though.

Edit:

I don't mind the exterior so much, but I think they ruined the look of the INTERIOR.

Yeah, I don't disagree. I guess I'd need to see it in person, I don't get why the touchscreen is so high on top of the dashboard.

But it didn't bother me as much as the god awful exterior changes.

Last edited:

I love the side profile of my 2014 with that "swoop". That's gone on the 2017, and now it look like any other generic CUV to me.

Nice pricing though.

Edit:

Yeah, I don't disagree. I guess I'd need to see it in person, I don't get why the touchscreen is so high on top of the dashboard.

Yup, everyone has their own thing that catches their eye. I'm on the other side of the fence where I prefer the change in aesthetics (I like both the pre-2017 and 2017 look, but prefer the newer). I can totally understand how that may undermine some of the improvements in tech/packages, which is why I put it as a caveat. Some stuff you can quantify, others you can't. For features alone, considering that pricing didn't change... I think it's a tremendous improvement over the 2016.x model.

Having just made my first of 60 monthly payments on my 2016.5 yesterday, I'm going to refrain from any woulda/shoulda waited regrets. :D

Yup, everyone has their own thing that catches their eye. I'm on the other side of the fence where I prefer the change in aesthetics (I like both the pre-2017 and 2017 look, but prefer the newer). I can totally understand how that may undermine some of the improvements in tech/packages, which is why I put it as a caveat. Some stuff you can quantify, others you can't. For features alone, considering that pricing didn't change... I think it's a tremendous improvement over the 2016.x model.

Oh for sure! Different strokes for different folks. The pricing is fantastic.

But like you said, the features you can't quantify is what makes me not like the 2017.

It may grow on me and I may want some of the features, but for now I'll hold onto my 2014. Besides I'm 3 payments away from it being payed off (48-month term back in 2013).

The press release says you can:

"Customers can also opt for the Touring i-ACTIVSENSE Package on top of the Preferred Equipment Package"

And yet the posted document from the other day says they can't be specified in combination.

its actually done for a purpose so your eyes dont look too far away from the road. This is how the mercedes are setup too. With mazda cx5 owners always clamoring about how this is a driver enthusiast cuv, it actually adds to the experience of a more usable and interior that becomes one with the driver.

Looks like the driver memory seat settings didn't make it, as well as paddle shifters. The Mazda6 already has them, so I'm not sure why Mazda is holding them back on the CX-5. Maybe in the 2018 models.

From some one who was rear ended by a teenage girl using her mobile phone while I was stopped at a pedestrian crossing I approve of anything the auto makers do to stop you looking away from the road.

How did I know the teenage girl was using her phone when she hit me...she told me and the cops who turned up to take a statement.

If you are still reading this my car was a Corolla sedan and was a write off.

From some one who was rear ended by a teenage girl using her mobile phone while I was stopped at a pedestrian crossing I approve of anything the auto makers do to stop you looking away from the road.

How did I know the teenage girl was using her phone when she hit me...she told me and the cops who turned up to take a statement.

If you are still reading this my car was a Corolla sedan and was a write off.

Ouch. My CX-5 got rear-ended while I was sitting at an intersection back in 2015. Luckily it was low enough speed that the damage wasn't too terrible (was still $2500 though - they had to replace the rear gate plus the bumper, etc.)

In this case, the 16 or 17 year old kid was watching the road, but he had completely bald tires and we had a little rain that day and the intersection was going downhill. Not hard to see the outcome there. The best was when the kid said "Sorry bro, man this is the second time this has happened."

I'm not your bro. Buy new tires.

Ugh. (bang)

Last edited:
Looks like the driver memory seat settings didn't make it, as well as paddle shifters. The Mazda6 already has them, so I'm not sure why Mazda is holding them back on the CX-5. Maybe in the 2018 models.

Excuse my ignorance, but how are paddle shifters different from the "manual" stick shifting feature on the auto?

Another post with a Mazda USA dealer printout shows the memory seat, so things are not 100% sure yet.........

Excuse my ignorance, but how are paddle shifters different from the "manual" stick shifting feature on the auto?

More intuitive to use. You dont need to get a hand off steering, which may be a factor when downshifting through curvy roads.

More intuitive to use. You dont need to get a hand off steering, which may be a factor when downshifting through curvy roads.

My brothers TSX has them and honestly, I just am not a fan. I much prefer the "manual " mode but he swears by them. To each his own.

It is easier to use because the paddle shifters are on the steering wheel column. As Kaps mentioned, it can be helpful when cornering so you don't need to take one hand off the wheel to shift.

It won't be available until 2018. Honestly if I were Mazda I wouldn't import SkyActiv-D 2.2L into US market as the interest now is very low in the US after VW TDI's scandal. But it'd be nice finally we can try a unique diesel from Mazda here after so many years.

Keep in mind Mazda will also have market of hundreds of thousands of ex-TDI owners with buyback cheques in their hands who are still quite enamored with diesel torque and fuel efficiency but mighty peeved at VW.

Then there's the folks like me who were planning on buying 2016, 2017 etc TDI's who are now scrambling for an alternative.

If they can some how miraculously release a CX5 with the 2.2D AND a manual...

Back