Interior - drivers side seatbelt receiver scratching centre console

billyphatu

:
2015 CX-5 GS AWD Grey
Okay, bit of a first world problem this one. But it's really annoying me.

My driver's seat belt receiver has been rubbing on the centre console and has left scratch marks. I didn't notice til I did a spring clean on the car. Tried buffing out to no use. I'm an average sized guy so it's not due to excessive width on my part!

Anyone else had this happen? I feel like it could have been avoided with some soft lining on the side of the receiver. Any advice on buffing out?

Pics here:

cx5seatbelt rub.jpg

cx5seatbelt rub2.jpg

Same here...

Same thing happened to me but mine is a lot worse. Mine also for awhile will make a clicking/rattling noise especially when I make left turns. If you use 303 Protectant spray it will make it less noticeable.

Okay, bit of a first world problem this one. But it's really annoying me.

My driver's seat belt receiver has been rubbing on the centre console and has left scratch marks. I didn't notice til I did a spring clean on the car. Tried buffing out to no use. I'm an average sized guy so it's not due to excessive width on my part!

Anyone else had this happen? I feel like it could have been avoided with some soft lining on the side of the receiver. Any advice on buffing out?

Pics here:

View attachment 216075

View attachment 216076

get a piece of that adhesive backed felt stuff and place it over the scratch to hide it. lots of cars have it either on the seat belt itself or on the center console to prevent damage just like this. Since the scratch is already there I would say place it on the console and don't think about again.

Back