[2016 CX-9 Signature] Are HomeLink buttons on rear view mirror supposed to be lit?

shjin404

:
2016 Mazda CX-9 Signature
To those who have 2016 CX-9 Signature trim,

I find it is hard to find buttons of the rear view mirror in dark. I expected those HomeLink buttons have backlit, but mine doesn't have any light even when I turn on the headlight.

Is this a defect or by design?

To those who have 2016 CX-9 Signature trim,

I find it is hard to find buttons of the rear view mirror in dark. I expected those HomeLink buttons have backlit, but mine doesn't have any light even when I turn on the headlight.

Is this a defect or by design?

I assume this was by design...I drive a 2017 model and a bit disappointed on this...my 7 yr old Volvo had the homelink buttons lightup at night

I've been finding the button by feel since I had my 08 CX-9. Just put your finger on the back and slide your thumb along the front until you hit the desired button...

2nd nature to me now.

I remember being surprised they weren't lit in my GT. I've gotten used to it, but still fumble now and then to find the right button.

My '12 isn't lit. Gentex has different versions; there is another version where the buttons are lit--I've seen it in a Lexus.

Anyone knows if the [Mazda CX-9 Frameless Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror With Homelink] has backlit? It is an accessory listed for 2016 CX-9. It is rather expensive for what it is, but I like to know if it has backlit:

http://www.mazdaparts.org/mazda-cx9-frameless-mirror.html

Answering myself. The installation manual has the following statement. So I assume it does have backlit:
* Verify the left 3 button images are faintly lit with white back-lighting

What I am still not sure is why the installation step is so complex that it seems to require much more than just unplugging old mirror and plugging new one.

That is NOT the same stock mirror model in my CX-9 Signature. That is a frameless model you can install post delivery.

That is NOT the same stock mirror model in my CX-9 Signature. That is a frameless model you can install post delivery.

Sorry I might have confused you. Yes, I am now looking at purchasing the accessory as an alternative to the original mirror since original stock mirror doesn't have backlit buttons.

I was surprised also by those HomeLink buttons not being lit. Since I only have 2 openers, I ended up just using button numbers 2 and 3 which are just left and right of the green indicator light to make it easier to locate at night.

Back