Flip Key not working...

Loizos

:
Mazda 2
Hello,

First time posting in this site, so I'm not sure if it's the correct forum :)

2 weeks ago I bought a 2008 Mazda 2, and so far I am more than satisfied with it...

The seller told me the batteries of the flip key needed to be replaced, so he gave me 2 additional key fobs (the ones with the green and red button) and told me to use them instead. I've been using them so far with no problem, but recently I decided to replace the battery of the flip key, because I didn't want to have 2 key fobs on the same key...

Anyway, after successfully replacing the battery of the flip key, I followed the instructions to program it to the car (those that involve turning the keys and opening-closing the doors 3 times. I did every possible combination, and every step correctly, but still...the keys won't unlock or lock the car. Did the same thing with the key fob that already worked, and the programming procedure worked just fine, meaning I followed the instructions correctly. When I press the buttons on the flip key however, nothing happens. The red light of the key fob works, but it won't unlock or lock the car.

If you're familiar with the key fob programming procedure, there's a step in which you have to press any button twice to finalize the key programming. That's where it goes wrong. Pressing the buttons on the flip key twice or long pressing them will not do anything whereas on the green-red key fob, it locks and unlocks the car indicating that the key fob programming procedure was successful. Is it possible that something is wrong with the chip inside the flip key itself? Or am I doing something wrong with all this...

I've tried to explain this as best as possible, so you guys can understand and come up with anything that helps. Also, I apologize for any grammatical errors :)

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

I also had the same problem with my 2011 Mazda 2. If you don't replace the battery soon enough the fob needs to be reprogrammed by a dealer, and if that doesn't work you'll need a new key fob.

Key Remote Programming for Honda Cars

Hi Guys i have solution to your problem with Car Remote Programming , Got New Remote today and programmed it successfully please find attachments and follow the instruction to programm your new remote ,

Thanks
pratik.chandwadkar@gmail.com

Attachments

• Remote Matching.jpg
    Remote Matching.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 884
Whats the status of your key fob issue? I had a similar problem pop up a little while ago.

It seems the root of my problem stemmed from the chip inside my key fob not working properly, yours might be the same.

Unfortunately it took an instance of me locking my key fob in the car to figure out the issue.

My car couldn't detect my key fob so it locked me out with the keys left inside. Did a search online and got some good information to get me back in.

It was only afterwards that I realized I had to replace some internal parts of my key fob, and then have it properly reprogrammed to work with my car again.

Let me know how your issue was resolved, or if you were able to get to the bottom of it!

Back