Split Second R4 controller help

:
Mazdaspeed Protege 2003
So I installed 440cc fuel injectors to help with fuel cut from the stock injectors, since I've got my boost set to 10 psi.
My set up consist of a t60 turbonetics turbo (which is too big for this engine with stock internals), Tial f38 external wastegate with a 7 bar spring (no boost controller to dial it in) Aem wide bad A/F gauge (which isn't hooked up right, and probably needs a new wideband o2 since there's a code for it) Split second piggyback tuner box, Cold air with the factory MAF, Hi-boost manifold, 626 intake manifold, synapse synchronic bov (set up in recirculation), and 3" thermal cat back exhaust. The car is sitting around 240 wheel hp
After installing these the car boggs down around 2300-3000 and won't go over 40mph (like its getting too much fuel). I've tried a few maps from one thread and they don't seem do much, the car will still bog. Plus I'm not entirely sure if I'm uploading the maps right. What map set up would be best to use for now, since I'll be putting the stock ones back in?

Last edited:
So I installed 440cc fuel injectors to help with fuel cut from the stock injectors, since I've got my boost set to 10 psi.
My set up consist of a t60 turbonetics turbo (which is too big for this engine with stock internals), Tial f38 external wastegate with a 7 bar spring (no boost controller to dial it in) Aem wide bad A/F gauge (which isn't hooked up right, and probably needs a new wideband o2 since there's a code for it) Split second piggyback tuner box, Cold air with the factory MAF, Hi-boost manifold, 626 intake manifold, synapse synchronic bov (set up in recirculation), and 3" thermal cat back exhaust. The car is sitting around 240 wheel hp
After installing these the car boggs down around 2300-3000 and won't go over 40mph (like its getting too much fuel). I've tried a few maps from one thread and they don't seem do much, the car will still bog. Plus I'm not entirely sure if I'm uploading the maps right. What map set up would be best to use for now, since I'll be putting the stock ones back in?

Also I plan to fix the issues that this car has, since it was somebody else's project

I assume you mean 7 psi wg spring not 7 bar haha. Before you start playing with maps, get a functioning wideband. You're very likely to blow up with the amount of air that turbo pushes. Even at 7 psi, at red line that's a lot of flow over stock.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

It's not the injectors- I've ran 440's on a stock tune several timess.

Yeah that's what I meant haha . Really? OK so once I get my wide band working, will I still need to go through fuel maps?

440s are 440s, doesn't matter where they came from. Although I imagine they were from a WRX. Your car will have to be tuned no matter what if you are running larger injectors. I imagine that is why it is running so rich.

Could be many things. Check maf and o2 are properly reading. Double check you loaded correct map. If you have loaded a map at all yet. Check spark plug gap. Grab on of the base maps 440cc or 10psi and go get it tuned from there. Pretty sure most maps are for the t25/t28. Your gonna have to play with it if you wanna keep that t60. Keep in mind while tuning engine loads hate to see people go to boost up a hill and pop thier motor lol

Back