door edge guard?

:
Mazda CX-9 GT AWD
Has anyone put some type of door edge guard on their cars? I've read horrible reviews about the cheap kind from autozone leaking glue when they get hot. I need something to keep my son from dinging my husband's car. I try to make him get out before pulling into the garage, but that's not always a feasible solution. I just need something for the bottom corner of the door right above the wheel well. It doesn't look like mazda has anything.

Check if Mazda sells them... if they do, they're expensive, but they're color keyed to your car and fit very well... their fitment involves trimming back the bead of caulking on the edge of the door so that the door guard fits in tightly

I had the Chevy ones on my Traverse for 4 years, what a mess. I live in South Florida so the glue was so out of hand.

I'm not putting them on my CX-9.

The bad part is if its not full of glue the wind will bust them lose on the highway then it's slapping the paint.

They make clear ones which are expensive but after all this I'd pay for it.

How about PPF (Paint Protection Film)? They are being offered here as part of a package (Bumper, headlights, fogs, sidemirrors and door edges)

They are a bit pricey though.

An inexpensive alternative is this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

It's essentially paint protection film, albeit a bit thicker than some.
Though it doesn't keep your door edge from denting your car or others, it'll protect edges from chipping.

After its successful use on other cars, I bought two kits for the CX-9.
I installed it on the full length of all four door edges and on the lower hatch opening. (Hatch edge width requires a full piece and part of another, so there is a seam here.)

Slow and careful work on a clean surface assures a near-invisible installation.
Should it be "messed up" replacement is quick and equally inexpensive.
If you don't like it, it's easily removed without damage to the paint.

Back