Seattle area 2003 P5 for sale, 151282 miles

Hello guys,
It's time for me to sell my Laser Blue 2003 Mazda Protege5. I am the first owner.
It will be great for mod or parts.
Bought it new since Nov, 2002, Miles: 151,282 miles.
It's has been my baby since then.

Here are the details.

What is not working, need replacing, or need checking:
-Cracked Windshield
-Transmission needs rebuilding, 4[SUP]th[/SUP] gear will have some weird noise as my mechanic told me there seems to be missing teeth/chunks from the 4th gear.
-The manual mode controller of the ATX does not work, but the transmission still change gear as normal. Kick down is fast. You can still hold gear with the manual mode.
-Brakes need checking. The brakes still stop the car very well, but whenever I brake hard or threw my car around a corner the brake light on dash will come on.
-All 4 struts need to be replaced.

Everything else except the above still works very well.
-Is it still driveable? Yes, but I wouldnt want to drive this on a road trip to Banff and Jesper.
-Engine still runs smooth and great and sound awesome with the short ram intake.
From 0- 40 at red lights, it still beats a lot of cars including my own 2007 GTI.
-AC still cold as a fridge.
-All lights bulbs on the car works except for the 2 bulbs right above the rear license plate.
-Door locks works perfectly. Replaced the right rear side door lock actualator once.
-Both door locks remotes still works.
-Tail lift gate hydraulics strut still works
-Power windows still runs perfect.
-Cooling system still healthy, flushed radiator regularly, and every time when I get home and park the car in my garage, I open the hood to let the heat out so not to put stress on all the rubber hoses. I have been very discipline on this one.
So no leaking what so ever.
-Power steering still good.

The mods:
-Short ram intake from ebay with Ractive hi-flow filter. (Still have all factory intake pieces with me in a box)
-Installed bigger aftermarket ATX fluid cooler.
-Aftermarket fog lamps with 3M yellow overlap tints.
-55W HID system with bulbs just replaced in January. Both from DDM Turner. I only get my HID bulbs from them and they usually last me 2 to 3 years before giving up.
-Dash rings
-Replaced the bulbs on the dash as the factory one were dead. Same color but slightly brighter in the center section of the dash.
-Optima yellow top battery. (They last forever)
-AUX to MD button mode. You can connect phone or MP3 player with the 35mm cable from the mod to play music.

Others:
-New Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 just installed in Dec 2016, threads still quite deep.
-Still have the roof-racks inserts for roof-racks delete.
-I change my own oil every 3000 miles before the car reach 130K, after that, have been changing the oil every 6000K miles. Only use Mobil One 5w30 factory spec oil.
-Replaced water pump and timing belt on 80K.
-Replaced my own spark plugs every 30K
-Replaced engine cover gasket on my own when the car was 70K
-All O2 sensors still working
-Replaced all ignition coils at 150K.
-Replaced right front wheel bearing at 140K
-Spare tires never used because never needed.
-I live 3 miles from office, so most of the miles have been highway miles from road trips.

Accident history:
-Rear ended TWICE (my car has a stealth mode apparently and I didnt know I have it turned on I guess)
Both times repaired under insurance, no bent frame.
-Driver side rear door got minor hit by a Civic with a lady driver who back out of her packing space without looking behind. Door replaced.
-Right front bumper has minor scratches from a fender bender kiss, no structural damage.

I loved my car so much all these years, if not for the need to rebuild the transmission I would not sell it.
I would just spend $700 to replace the struts and keep driving it as long as I can.
But I guess spending the 3K on a new used car will be a more sensible choice.

Price: $2500 or best offer.

Please email to wisdomsword@gmail.com and let me know you are from this forum if you are interested.
Thank you.

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

Back