Want to swap in the 2003 console for the better cupholders

:
02 Protege 5
I found a donor car in a junkyard that is 4 hours from me (sadly the closest P5 I could find on Row52) that is a 2003 automatic. I plan on stealing the console for to get the better cupholders but my car is a 2002 manual. Are the automatic and manual consoles identitcal?

No they are not. Look at pictures of them and you can tell.
I don't know if you can take that plastic piece off so you move the shifter, if someone knows and can clarify. But for that distance I would chance it.

No they are not. Look at pictures of them and you can tell.
I don't know if you can take that plastic piece off so you move the shifter, if someone knows and can clarify. But for that distance I would chance it.
Also when I changed cup holders the fitments were different. The cup holder that flips up seems a tad bit "smaller" and doesn't snap in the same. I used some tap by the e brake to get it to stay down. So I don't know how it would be reversed.

The consoles are identical, the only difference is the auto has the black removable ring on the cuphodler section surrounding the shifter, the manual shift boot will screw up to the 2003 console.

The consoles are identical, the only difference is the auto has the black removable ring on the cuphodler section surrounding the shifter, the manual shift boot will screw up to the 2003 console.

awesome, thank you for the input. I will be pulling the entire senter console since I have heard that the center consoles are different from 2002 to 2003 but they still install the same

awesome, thank you for the input. I will be pulling the entire senter console since I have heard that the center consoles are different from 2002 to 2003 but they still install the same

Exactly what you need, I have done the swap myself and know for sure that console will bolt straight in.

Back