Front Windows

rich63

:
Mazda CX-5 SportNav
Hi all new on here (from uk). Just like to known if this is a fault or how things should be.* Had my cx5 for a few weeks now and must say am loving it , anyway I was cleaning car yesterday and front windows were open about 1/4 when i started to clean them (so I could clean top of glass), as I cleaned them the glass move about 1/2 inch like it was moving out of there runners, is this normal?

There is a small amount of 'sloppiness' in some window regulators. I don't think yours is too bad. If it is still under warranty, you could ask your dealer about it.

Geeze. Now I'm going to have to go out to the garage and see how sloppy my window play is.

They do move a bit. If you drop them a couple of inches they sometimes rattle. There is a TSB unless you have a brand new car which has a production change.

Car is brand new only had it few weeks, looking like its a common fault. Even so might take it back to dealers and get them to check it!

Last edited:
Mine do it to... but I'm not overly concerned. But contemplating having the dealer add the tape/foam to eliminate the rattling when down ~1". Would be curious to hear what the dealer says about the movement... I've always had bigger fish to fry (hazing headlights, bad Brake Sensor.... )

Back