Fit and finish

This is the response I got from the dealer... Really thought it was be a quick fix..

Yes we have reviewed the trim on the same year and model it's similar on a few vehicles here. 2/3 are similar to yours. In this case, because it's in new 2017 vehicle we have to submit a technical ticket to Mazda. They will report back to us with the fix. It may be a couple days or even a month or so. But I will keep you posted.*

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

This is the response I got from the dealer... Really thought it was be a quick fix..

Yes we have reviewed the trim on the same year and model it's similar on a few vehicles here. 2/3 are similar to yours. In this case, because it's in new 2017 vehicle we have to submit a technical ticket to Mazda. They will report back to us with the fix. It may be a couple days or even a month or so. But I will keep you posted.*

Thanks for the update! Sorry to hear they don't have a quick fix.

Any US owners experiencing the same? No (I believe)?

At least they didn't fob you off. They should come back with a solution.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You could probably just do it yourself, but I'd take it back to the dealer just to show them. Maybe they'll toss you a cargo cover or some all-weather mats for the inconvenience.

Dealer will definitely fix that issue but highly unlikely they'll toss a cargo cover or mats for the trouble as accessories like those cost the dealer money...they may detail/clean the vehicle though

Definitely better to see what Mazda corp has to say about the fix... the worst thing would be the dealer just trying to push it in and damaging it further. Better to have it done properly, maybe there's a technique to it.

⋯ Yes we have reviewed the trim on the same year and model it's similar on a few vehicles here. 2/3 are similar to yours.
2/3? Are those QA people on the assembly line simply just falling asleep? (uhm)

Maybe they're exaggerating, to play down the issue? I checked the show room, and the two on display were perfect. I don't recall seeing thr gap on the test drive as well.

Maybe they're exaggerating, to play down the issue? I checked the show room, and the two on display were perfect. I don't recall seeing thr gap on the test drive as well.
This make sense. Hopefully you'll get the issue resolved soon!

I don't think so

I don't think so
I got a call from Mazda yesterday to drop my car off as some engineers/QA from head office wanted to have a look at the trim. I thought it would take awhile, but they called me back today to pick the car back up. They replaced the panel, and it seems to have fixed the issue.

Will keep an eye on it, but pretty happy with the level of Mazda's responsiveness to customer's concerns/inquiries. They took care of the rental for the day as well.

Don't mean to go off topic here, but apparently when they called me, they mentioned they also performed a TSB/recall (?) On the headlights as well. I was busy so didn't ask about it.

Did anyone hear anything about that?
97e7a38afdec1af9e254a2469279c57c.jpg

I got a call from Mazda yesterday to drop my car off as some engineers/QA from head office wanted to have a look at the trim. I thought it would take awhile, but they called me back today to pick the car back up. They replaced the panel, and it seems to have fixed the issue.

Will keep an eye on it, but pretty happy with the level of Mazda's responsiveness to customer's concerns/inquiries. They took care of the rental for the day as well.

Don't mean to go off topic here, but apparently when they called me, they mentioned they also performed a TSB/recall (?) On the headlights as well. I was busy so didn't ask about it.

Did anyone hear anything about that?
97e7a38afdec1af9e254a2469279c57c.jpg

Good to hear it was resolved quickly!

Perhaps the TSB is about decoupling the headlights from the DRLs? I'm dreaming, I know :-(

Thanks for the pics of the interior panel gap. Should be picking up our '17 Saturday morning and I will be watching for this.

Thanks for the pics of the interior panel gap. Should be picking up our '17 Saturday morning and I will be watching for this.

Don't think it is a widespread issue but good idea to check anyways

Nice work and thanks for the updates J_son. Also good to see Mazda Canada's responsiveness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work and thanks for the updates J_son. Also good to see Mazda Canada's responsiveness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New model so they don't want to muck around. Hence quickly dealt with

I think I see a little bit of the same in my '17 GS. I'll continue to monitor and report to the dealer - glad to hear they came through so quick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think I see a little bit of the same in my '17 GS. I'll continue to monitor and report to the dealer - glad to hear they came through so quick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If the gap is there, I'd notify your dealer now rather than later

Back