Headlight adjustment on 2016 Mazda3 (non-HID)

sg11

It seems my headlights are aimed a little low and I've searched and couldn't find a for sure answer. Can the 2014+ Mazda3(non-HID) headlights be adjusted up and down?

Usually there are two screws/bolts, one for adjusting up/down, and one for left/right. I'm not sure where they'll be on your particular car but they're usually on the back of the headlight, or sometimes accessed from the top with a longer screwdriver/socket.

I adjusted both of my headlights after lowering the car. The one on the drivers side is in a tighter space. I had to buy a stubby 12-point box end wrench set at Harbor Freight. An option is to cut a standard length one using either a chop saw or a grinder. The passenger side is much easier to get to. The adjustment screw is white nylon if my memory serves me correctly.

these headlights do not put out a "blob" of light, unlike headlights you're used to on older cars
the left side of the light will ALWAYS be lower than the right side to avoid dazzling other drivers
see link below to understand what normal beam pattern and aiming looks like... in most cases, your headlight aim is fine and you're just not used to it

there are specific aiming specs you must follow for safe and proper performance of your lights
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/aim/aim.html

Back