Rattling noise from passenger door

SDL

:
2016 Mazda CX-9 GT
Anyone experiencing rattling noises from passenger door? Especially in the GT 2016 model? I suspect it's the piano trim around the window switch, but can't confirm. It's driving me insane having to listen to it while driving. My ears are now tuned to it, even if I have the radio on I can still hear it.

Anyone experiencing rattling noises from passenger door? Especially in the GT 2016 model? I suspect it's the piano trim around the window switch, but can't confirm. It's driving me insane having to listen to it while driving. My ears are now tuned to it, even if I have the radio on I can still hear it.

I haven't heard/experienced this though I have a slight rattle coming from the rear passenger door which I suspect is coming from the retractable sunshade which honestly sometimes drives me nuts but I just turn up the radio volume to get past it

I haven't heard/experienced this though I have a slight rattle coming from the rear passenger door which I suspect is coming from the retractable sunshade which honestly sometimes drives me nuts but I just turn up the radio volume to get past it

I don't think it's coming form the sunshade, but I will try to put them down. The fact that I hear it and I don't know exactly where is coming from it's making things worse.

I too have a ratteling coming somewhere from the passenger side, not quite sure where. I also had a rattle coming from the dash, to the left of the HUD which the dealer made happen less often, but it is still there.

I don't think it's coming form the sunshade, but I will try to put them down. The fact that I hear it and I don't know exactly where is coming from it's making things worse.

My sunshades in the rear are always down so I haven't tried it that they're up (whether the rattling sound will disappear if I do that I don't know but will find out)...unfortunately this is what you get for having a quiet interior when Mazda increases the sound deadening materials...all those minor rattles are amplified in the cabin!

Why not just take it to the dealer, that's what warranty is for. No reason to even try anything, let Mazda deal with it.

same here, on 2016 cx-9 GT rattling from driver door and the dash (I think) somewhere in the passenger side, quiet car, rattling becomes more annoying...
I will bring it to the dealer.

I have the same. Did the dealer find the source of the up front passenger side noise?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have noticed two rattles in my 2016 Grand Touring. One that was coming from the passenger door handle. There is a little plastic piece behind it that pops out to show the screw for removing the door panel. I put some foam insulating tape behind it and issue resolved. The second was from the rear windows on both sides. The rubber liner at the top of the window rubs against the glass while the windows are up. If you roll them down slightly the sound disappears. I still haven't found a solution for this.

Just an update to the original post...from my last dealership servicing done last month, dealer and I found the slight rattle coming from front passenger door though it was only faint. The dealer recommended to keep observing if it gets any worse. They were afraid to take the inside door panels entirely off and only to find out there could be more rattles after putting everything back (which I actually agreed). To remedy the slight rattle I simply increase volume of my audio and don't notice it as much. They did however make an adjustment on the sunroof as there were minor leaks every time I went thru an automated carwash. After the adjustment so far no more leaks...

Back