2017 CX-5 Line-up Dealer info

A lot of your list of 18 features were not actually features remember? If you cared to read the disputed replies to your list earlier in the thread. And are we still comparing a brand new 2017 CR-V to a 2016.5 CX-5?
No, I was comparing new 2017 CR-V to new 2017 CX-5. I use the video reviews trying to catch different features. When the guy said CR-V has 8" infotainment screen I copied it that was the mistake, it should be 7". Honestly those I mentioned are 18 features and advantages on CR-V. I didn't reply because it take too much time and space and people are entitled to have their own opinions. I only reply when I feel those been said are not facts. And if you noticed my list was made on 2/18, at the time we have limited information on new CX-5.

A lot of these so called technology you mention of are borderline gimmicks such as one touch moon roof switch and illuminated window switches which you seem to be quite obsessed with.
Well, I'm not obsessed but I'm disappointed Madza doesn't want to offer the same features you guys have to the US customers. Some people say it's too expensive for Mazda, but why other competitors can offer similar features to US customers then? People have different opinions and needs, car manufactures should make many features available to let customers choose, not pick and choose features FOR customers! Also the decision to drop the manual is unfortunate as Mazda's strong point is good handling, with a manual on a good handling CUV would be a dream for those people who prefer better handling! Here're some examples that proves Mazda's decisions on 2017 CX-5 are "penny wise, pound foolish!"
⋯ If I stay with Mazda it will be because they've finally updated their infotainment to be compatible with Android and added illuminated door/window buttons on the interior. The Honda has 'em.

That would a shame. The manual option was what led me to the CX-5. I waited around a couple of years hoping for a 2.5 manual or higher trim level manual before getting my '16.
No regrets. A true manual is something that a manumatic will never be.

Just a little insight, here in the land down under we see technology more so in the sense of safety and performance, such as low speed/high speed, front and reverse AEB, Adaptive LED Headlights, High Beam Assist, Stop / Start Engine technology just to name a few which the current CR-V (Australia) does not have (not sure about upcoming new CR-V) coupled with the fact that the CX-5 has better official and real world fuel consumption figures and it's extensive safety tech and not to mention better ride and handling through it's chassis and transmission makes it such a success here in Australia.
Yeah I fully aware CX-5 is the top-selling compact CUV in Australia, and CR-V is not doing well there. I own a 1998 Honda CR-V and I appreciate the quality and reliability Honda had put in for that vehicle. As I recently found out many interior trim pieces starting to "shrink" creating big gaps in my 2-year-old CX-5, but none happened in my 19-year-old CR-V, I begin to wonder the quality and reliability of my CX-5! As I said earlier, you guys get a lot more features than us on CX-5, but not the CR-V, this makes me believe Mazda should really offer more features you guys have to US customers. A good handling CUV with many features like all other competitors, this should promote CX-5's sales a lot!

Even more ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ(deadhorse

I'm waiting to find out what the UK specification is.

Me too. All I want is that 2.5 petrol in an AWD auto and I don’t care about the mpg! Certainly don’t care about the CRV either!

Hi, I'm here for the CR-V....err.... CX-5 discussion. :D

in all seriousness, WOW this thread got off topic.
But that's okay, just shows people are passionate about the 17 CX-5 (and apparently it's competitors)

I've been cyber stalking Mazda's website the last few weeks waiting for updates so thanks to the OP for the line up details.
Now, as for the pricing...
I can't wait to see what a Premium in Diesel goes for. I think that's what I'm holding out for.

I'm still patiently waiting for a 2.5T premium, God damit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Recheck his post, he's waiting for a 2.5T (as in Turbo) in a CX-5.......as am I!!

My mistake...

I would love to be able to pick from several engine choices... 2.0- 2.5 - 2.5t - 2.2d -hybrid.

I do not think we will be hearing about a 2.5 turbo option for the cx-5 until we are hitting the fall autoshows, (if at all).

Last edited:
Well said, but really, for all the people pushing the CR-V on people on a Mazda forum, can they just find another forum? Every post they make does not have to be about how much better the CR-V is than the CX-5.

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeriously. We get it.

Anyways, as someone who was planning on buying a 2016 and is currently in something substantially older I'm pretty pumped for the 2017. Only thing I wish it had was power folding mirrors but that's not a huge deal, and I'm still keeping the faith that CarPlay will be patched in eventually. I'll probably get the diesel if the emission numbers pan out.

I'm going to be comparing it to the new XC60 plug-in towards the end of the year and will go with one of those two, but it'll probably be a purchase for the CX5 vs. a lease on the Volvo.

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeriously. We get it.

Anyways, as someone who was planning on buying a 2016 and is currently in something substantially older I'm pretty pumped for the 2017. Only thing I wish it had was power folding mirrors but that's not a huge deal, and I'm still keeping the faith that CarPlay will be patched in eventually. I'll probably get the diesel if the emission numbers pan out.

I'm going to be comparing it to the new XC60 plug-in towards the end of the year and will go with one of those two, but it'll probably be a purchase for the CX5 vs. a lease on the Volvo.
I think the new xc60 and cx5 are two of the best looking cuvs currently. I love everything on that Volvo, especially after watching those crash test videos, but it's likely to be 10k more, one day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Back