Relocate the stock headunit into the glovebox

:
Mazda CX-5 AWD Touring
I'm thinking about installing a Nexus 7 tablet in my dash but I dont really wanna replace the head unit just move it to the glovebox. Do they make a wire extension kit?

Somebody here, did something like this and he placed the Nexus, in front of the radio. If you google tablet in Mazda CX5, it will show up in the images section. I'm contemplating doing something similar, but I'm not sure how would I deal with the backup camera for example. I have an android based Kenwood now.

Somebody here, did something like this and he placed the Nexus, in front of the radio. If you google tablet in Mazda CX5, it will show up in the images section. I'm contemplating doing something similar, but I'm not sure how would I deal with the backup camera for example. I have an android based Kenwood now.

Oh yeah I follow that thread (https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123834474-2013-CX-5-Sport-Audio-Upgrade-with-Nexus-7) his build is more complicated then I'd want mine to be. Plus I don't care to get rid of the stock headunit, and his mounting solution wont work with the stock unit. There is no where to mount the black brackets I brought a set to give it a try. If only I could pull the knobs off, maybe it could work.

I also tried just shoving the stock head unit in the dash hole more, I cut some plastic pieces back there to try but the face of the unit is too wide. If you take the face of the stock unit off and just leave the box it doesn't turn on and you loss your back up camera feed. I have a custom kernel installed on my nexus that will notice a backup camera feed and automatically switch to the video input so I was thinking taping off the original feed and running it into the tablet. Idk if that will work I havent tried it.

Totally unrelated to this topic, but I have found a cable from china that plugs into the reverse camera port and give you a yellow rca, I've plugged a chrome stick into it and streamed video thought it but again you loss your backup camera. https://youtu.be/dVFwgRfgSV0

Back