Kinugawa Turbo Exhaust Manifold - Anyone heard of it?

Sweet, I've never seen it either. It appears that the turbo will interfere with the AC compressor/PS pump since it relocates it to the left, would also probably require a custom DP.

Interesting. Never seen it either. I wish the outlet was on the other side. Just makes more sense to run the cold side of the turbo on the passenger side of the car. That's how my hiboost is.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

You would need all custom oil and water lines and downpipe, someone should try it out

I might try this since I am planning on doing a custom turbo back and I already have modified oil and coolant lines. I am currently breaking in a freshly built engine so I will be on the stocker for at least another month.

I might try this since I am planning on doing a custom turbo back and I already have modified oil and coolant lines. I am currently breaking in a freshly built engine so I will be on the stocker for at least another month.
That would be awesome!

Definitely getting one of those subaru flanged ones, thanks for posting that up. That'll be a good spare if my hiboost manifold ever cracks. And I love subaru turbos.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

FYI I have one of these manifolds, and its a Top mount T2 setup. I have no complaints on mine other than it makes the oil return a bit tight and interesting.

Reactions: 323
FYI I have one of these manifolds, and its a Top mount T2 setup. I have no complaints on mine other than it makes the oil return a bit tight and interesting.

pics please if you get a chance! not that i'm ever going this route, but just out of curiosity. never seen anyone run this mani ever.

Here you go and all its glory with the stock turbo mounted on top.

bolted upto the head
0NYeyNb.jpg

stock turbo loosely sitting on top
OiHpIKd.jpg

Custom coolant feed and return lines
0NgUvXR.jpg

oil return line
65ft5Oy.jpg

tight tolerances on the oil return and the manifold stud. I literally had to hold the manifold up a little to get it started and modify a wrench to be able to tighten that sucker down properly.
3iWqtyz.jpeg

stock WGA cut and bent to fit (still need to weld in a peice of metal in this photo)
04Gybxi.jpg

and overall photo installed.
JMhgdbc.jpeg

Last edited:
Dang, thanks. That looks amazing despite the tight clearances. Hood closes find and is that modified pope downpipe I see or is it completely custom?

Back