New driver of 2016.5 CX-5 Touring

husker3in4

:
2016.5 CX-5 Touring
Hi everyone, I just got a 2016.5 CX-5 Touring last Saturday (in white!) and am quite enjoying it. A couple of things Im wondering about: The drivers seats head rests are pretty stiff and too far forward, anyone else notice this?T

Secondly, has anyone updated their navigation maps yet?

Oh one more thing, its been 17 years since I had a new car, and instead of randomly spraying armor all at the dash and wiping, whats the best way to clean the inside interior? I got some microfiber cloths and some meguires quick interior detailer spray. I was planning on spraying on the cloth and then wiping the dash, doors etc. It seems though when I do this, the microfiber grabs the not-so-smooth surface of the dashboard. How do you clean your interior?

Hi everyone, I just got a 2016.5 CX-5 Touring last Saturday (in white!) and am quite enjoying it. A couple of things Im wondering about: The drivers seats head rests are pretty stiff and too far forward, anyone else notice this?T

Oh one more thing, its been 17 years since I had a new car, and instead of randomly spraying armor all at the dash and wiping, whats the best way to clean the inside interior? I got some microfiber cloths and some meguires quick interior detailer spray. I was planning on spraying on the cloth and then wiping the dash, doors etc. It seems though when I do this, the microfiber grabs the not-so-smooth surface of the dashboard. How do you clean your interior?

Congrats and welcome to the dark side.

Put down and slowly step back from the armor all!!! I use MF towel's grabby side to pick up dust and the non grabby side gets damped with my favorite vinyl/leather spray. Save the detailer spray for paint.

Well I guess ya learn something new every day! I had no idea microfiber towels had 2 sides. I will check it out when I get home.

Have you had the same experience with the seemingly out of place head rests?

BTW, I still enjoy driving my 2001 Escape, but loving the way the CX-5 drives!

303 Automotive Protectant is the best out there for car interior vinyls, plastics, and rubbers. Contains a UV blocker, just spray on your cloth, wipe the surfaces, and then go over with a clean dry cloth to remove any excess. Leaves a nice factory looks satin shine........

Yes, have updated my maps twice. The latest release was Jan 12,2017 I think. Easy to do and took about 20-25 minutes

303 Automotive Protectant is the best out there for car interior vinyls, plastics, and rubbers. Contains a UV blocker, just spray on your cloth, wipe the surfaces, and then go over with a clean dry cloth to remove any excess. Leaves a nice factory looks satin shine........

Ditto. (yes)

Well I guess ya learn something new every day! I had no idea microfiber towels had 2 sides. I will check it out when I get home.

Have you had the same experience with the seemingly out of place head rests?

BTW, I still enjoy driving my 2001 Escape, but loving the way the CX-5 drives!

Technically both sides are grabby but 1 tends to be more grabbier. You can also designate 1 MF towel for dusting usage only then use a paper towel and damp it down with vinyl/leather spray. 303 Aerospace protectant is highly touted around here. I use it myself. I shield the windshield with junkmail/grocery ads so I don't get grease on the glass. The cup holder and door handles have rubber linings that can be removed/washed. Oh and the cabin filters that the dealership charges like $70 to replace, I get generic ones on ebay for no more than $7 each. So easy to replace too. I toss them for new ones every 4-5 months.

The driver's headrest on my '16 Touring FWD has never been a problem for me. In fact, I find it nice to be able to lean back and rest my head against it when sitting at a traffic light.

I briefly considered purchasing the SD card for navigation, but I already had an iPhone, and Google Maps is excellent at directions. I simply purchased a Belkin Windshield Mount (works great!), and let my iPhone do the directing. Here's where I got my mount: http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/865865/Belkin-Car-Universal-Mount-F8M978BT/

Enjoy your ride!

The Nav on the 2016 CX-5 is fking useless until they add a live-traffic feature.

I was so excited to spend $400 on a NAV chip, because I've never had NAV built in before and I'm sick of wasting my phone battery when I travel.

Well, without live traffic, the CX-5 consistently picks the slowest route. My phone almost always gives a faster route, unless I'm driving late at night when there are no cars on the road.

Hi husker, congrats on the car - CX5 Touring has been rated as best value CUV / Trim combination in an article i read. And i think that is bang on target. Congrats on your new car.

I think mine came with the SD card, at least there is one in the slot?

I think the nav has traffic, but judging from what you are saying, its not live traffic?

I think mine came with the SD card, at least there is one in the slot?

I think the nav has traffic, but judging from what you are saying, its not live traffic?

If you are in USA your touring has heated seats and nav. This was made std in 2016.5 I like the feature where it shows upcoming intersection name. No traffic though.

Nav Updates for 2016.5 CX-5

I just got one too. My first Mazda. The headrest can be turned around, but doesn't then provide the designed safety support for rear collision. Your option.

I also just updated my nav system thanks to a post found on this forum. Go to www.mazda-na.NaviExtras.com. Register first, then download Mazda Toolbox. Remove the nav SD Card from your car and insert it into your computer. Mazda Toolbox will recognize it automatically and lead you through the update. The download and install is very slow, fyi. Reinstall in your car and the Nav will load the new updated data. Updates happen 2x a year. If you bought new, you should get free updates for 3 yrs.

Thanks for the info on updating the maps, it is my first mazda also! I havent tried turning the headrests around, I may just do that.

I tried to use the navigation this last weekend, it was.. less than desirable. I like the realtime map and how it shows what street is coming up, but trying to listen for directions doesnt work so well when its 2 or 3 seconds behind. Maybe the update will help.

The Nav on the 2016 CX-5 is fking useless until they add a live-traffic feature.

Bah. I don't have these issues. Works perfectly for me. You're fault living in a congested town. LOL :D

The nav in my 16.5 gives warnings further away from the intersection than much-loved Garmin 2797LM. I really like that a lot. The Mazda is faster than the Garmin with screen redraw and 'reCALculating!' tasks.

Two complaints - I wish I could get more street names at certain zoom settings, and to set the unit to prefer divided highways over county highways. Got routed weirdly one trip...

LOL jonno.
Everyone that's sat in my car mentions how cool that cross street feature thing is. I've never seen something like that in a car.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Honestly, that cross street feature is the best part of the nav unit for me. It's rare that I need to use navigation anyway, and when I do my wife is usually with me - and she's an ace with Google maps on her phone! ;)

Back