Radar Cruise Control - Low speed follow?

I have a 2016 CX-5 GT w/iActiveSense. Although somewhat debated, I personally love the radar cruise control (MRCC) on long drives.

It works great until about 30km/h (19mph), at which point it turns off with notification.

Are the 2017 CX5's equipped with a "Low Speed Follow" type feature, which will take it all the way to stop, and resume with a touch of the gas pedal?

IF I was to not do anything, would SCBS or SBS intervene and take the car to stop before collision? I don't really want to try this ;) Has anyone had experience with this type of situation?

Long shot question: Is there any way to upgrade MRCC to take speeds all the way to zero, or change the thresholds?

Every car I've ever owned, Cruise won't work below a certain speed. I seriously doubt there's anything you can do to change that.
You just need to wait a few more years until it drives itself. ;)

Every car I've ever owned, Cruise won't work below a certain speed. I seriously doubt there's anything you can do to change that.
You just need to wait a few more years until it drives itself. ;)

Some new Subaru's are equipped with full range CC. It works at any speed and works with the collision avoidance. Audi's have this feature too.

Can - although i like this feature there is an inherent risk involved. There are too many folks that switch lanes erratically or without indication or without proper merging gap - hoping the person in the new lane will slow down. This is a risk I see with such systems. Never used one - I think there is a poster from Japan that has spoken on few occasions here. He recently placed order for 17 CX5. He can chip in.

Most VW, seats, Skoda and Audis have queu-assist if fitted with automatic transmission, other producers also offer queu-assist for their adaptive cruise control.
I've tried it myself in a Volvo on a busy freeway in the UK, it worked perfectly.
I would love it in my CX-3, so I'm silently hoping that it's possbile for Mazda to software upgrade the system.

I have a 2016 CX-5 GT w/iActiveSense. Although somewhat debated, I personally love the radar cruise control (MRCC) on long drives.

It works great until about 30km/h (19mph), at which point it turns off with notification.

Are the 2017 CX5's equipped with a "Low Speed Follow" type feature, which will take it all the way to stop, and resume with a touch of the gas pedal?

IF I was to not do anything, would SCBS or SBS intervene and take the car to stop before collision? I don't really want to try this ;) Has anyone had experience with this type of situation?

Long shot question: Is there any way to upgrade MRCC to take speeds all the way to zero, or change the thresholds?
I believe only the 2017 models can do this. I saw a video of the adaptive radar cruise control on a 2017 Mazda6 recently and it was working fine even when the driver followed another car out of the highway and stopped at an intersection. Just before the car in front stopped, the HUD was actually flashing BRAKE BRAKE BRAKE.

As far as what happens below 19 mph on your CX-5, I believe the "smart city brake" feature would activate the brakes if it senses an impending collision. I have been able to trigger this in stop and go traffic when I was following another car too closely.

Back