Multiple BlueTooth devices

bradells

:
Cx-5
Hi,

Upgraded the 2015 CX-5 to a 2016.5 CX-5.

The dash is already better than the 15 version, however I'm having issues with devices.

I have an iPod with music, and an iPhone which is just the phone.

I can set each to the proper setting (only music and only phone), but after a time (restarting the vehicle), the iPhone defaults to both....

I don't even have iTunes on the iPhone!

It worked on the '15 until it went in for some recall work and I'm guessing the firmware got an update. At least random/shuffle works (so far) in the '16.5!

Thanks

You dont need itunes on the iPhone to play music, it has its music player built in.

Still, it should work. I can play music from my iPad at the same time as my phone is connected.

Plan B of course is to load all your music across from the iPod onto the iPhone and then you only need one device connected for phone and music!

Try deleting and then re-pairing both devices. Often sorts out porblems like this.

You dont need itunes on the iPhone to play music, it has its music player built in.

Still, it should work. I can play music from my iPad at the same time as my phone is connected.

Plan B of course is to load all your music across from the iPod onto the iPhone and then you only need one device connected for phone and music!

Try deleting and then re-pairing both devices. Often sorts out porblems like this.

No change. The iPhone takes full control, no matter if it was paired first or last. It doesn't keep the settings that the phone is Phone Only and the iPod is Audio/Music only.

No go for putting music on the phone. It is a work unit.

Back