Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!

Thread: 2010 Mazda 3 OEM remote start issues

Registered Member

2010 Mazda 3 2.5 Hatchback

2010 Mazda 3 OEM remote start issues

Howdy.

New to the forums. My wife's car, a 2010 Mazda 3 push button start, is having issues with my newly installed remote start system that was installed today. I purchased the OEM remote start from Mazda, hooked everything up today with a tech, go to remote start the car and it doesn't start. It only honks once then it honks eight times. According to the Mazda cheat sheet, 8 honks indicates that it is in accessory mode. We both followed all of the instructions. Uninstalled it and installed it all again and still ended up with the same results. Went on the forums to see if I could find any help but found very little. I also read on the forums that "every 1 in 3 remote start modules are bad"... Not really sure what to do at this point but to call Mazda tomorrow and see if they can send me a replacement module. Has anyone ever ran into this problem before? I have the factory alarm installed if that helps any...

Patrick

Registered Member

Anybody at all?...

Registered Member

2013 Mazda 3 SkyActiv iTouring

Did you ever get anywhere with this? I have one I bought like 2-3 years ago and never got it working. Just started toying with it the other day because I had some free time.

Registered Member

I never got a chance to toy with it. I sure wish it would work though. Mazda will still charge me if I take it to the dealership even though there is a warranty on the remote start. Hopefully someone with some knowledge will chime in so I can get it working.

Registered Member

2014 Mazda 3

I would go over the manual one more time. These systems usually have connections to tap into the shifter and also the brake pedal. Not sure on the system you are installing but I rember from an aftermaket system I installed a while ago.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by labber View Post
    I would go over the manual one more time. These systems usually have connections to tap into the shifter and also the brake pedal. Not sure on the system you are installing but I rember from an aftermaket system I installed a while ago.
    I have literally read the manual over 10 times trying to get this thing installed. Step by step by step each and every time. I believe it is something wrong with the actual remote starter that you connect to the ECU. If someone is located in Las Vegas and wants to come take a look that would be awesome.