Coilover question... Damper hitting e-brake line

dorkidori_s13

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Has anyone had any issues with the lower part of the damper (the actual shock) on their rear coilovers hitting the ebrake line? if so, how did you fix this to make them go lower?

i just installed a set of Godspeed MonoSS coilovers over the weekend and ran into issues with the damper section hitting the ebrake assembly. had to raise the car as it was causing the pad to drag on the rotor.

I have a set if Ksport coilovers on my P5 about 2 threads before the lowest setting and it doesn't hit. But then again maybe the sedan might have different routing of the Ebrake line.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

I had issues with my yellowspeeds doing this. I got longer bolts for the ebrake brackets, spaced the cable out around the shock with some washers, and adjusted the ebrake. Huge pain.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I had issues with my yellowspeeds doing this. I got longer bolts for the ebrake brackets, spaced the cable out around the shock with some washers, and adjusted the ebrake. Huge pain.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
That works too.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

sounds like an interesting idea... ill have to take a look.

i dont suppose you can yank one of your wheels and take a picture of your setup?

sounds like an interesting idea... ill have to take a look.

i dont suppose you can yank one of your wheels and take a picture of your setup?
Sorry for the delay. Here are some pics.

You have to remove the cable holder from the trailing arm and mount it on just one stud. This gains you some slack, then get longer bolts and space out the brackets.

20170228_014235_zpsaqkdn6hn.jpg

20170228_014142_zpsm7mwsco8.jpg

Hopefully you can grasp what's going on in the pics.

ill have to pull the wheel and take a look now that you posted some pics. im not 100% sure what youve got going on, but i think ill understand it a lot more if i compare your pics on my phone to exactly how the bracket is bolted on with my head in the fender well ;)

thank you for the photos :D

Back