Bought a new 2016 CX-5

P2K

:
DBA-BK3P
I bought my first Mazda in 1999, a 2000 Protege and have been hooked ever since. What followed was a 1999 Millenia(totaled), then a 2004 Mazda6 replaced it. I got rid of the Protege and traded the Mazda6 for a 2008 MS3 and 2008 Mazda5, both brand new off the lot. The best cars we've ever had. 8 years later we decided it's time to upgrade again. I bought a 2016 Mazda6 and decided to trade in the Speed and Mazda5 for a 2016 CX-5. I've been part of this community since 2002 and I just mostly lurk. I just wanted to share the upgrade with you all. I'm not doing any mods to these, I think I'm done with that after everything I did with the Speed. I'm sure I'll get another 8 years with these before it's time to upgrade again. And yes, we love silver lol.

cache.php

cache.php

Brand loyal AND color loyal. Lol. Nice!

Sent from my LG V10

Yep, and they gave me a decent amount on the trade ins because of the loyalty. The same dealership I got the Speed and Mazda5 too back in 2008, so I'm well known there. All the service techs fell in love with the Speed and they all wanted it. Let's just say someone bought it in less than a week lol. I left everything on it, even the Advans. Someone got a steal.

Last edited:
And yes, we love silver lol.
Hey have you ever heard driving a silver car is dangerous because it hard to get noticed by other drivers? I've been told that many times and we still buy all silver vehicles since 1985! :) I especially like the silver which is so easy to maintain as the silver hides the dirt very well! Many times I don't need to wash the vehicles for several months! Of course both my wife and I like silver exterior too. The only thing to our Sonic Silver CX-5 is there's only totally-too-dark black interior available for silver exterior whereas we've been getting gray interior for all other silver vehicles we bought new.

BTW, haven't seen that old "m" Mazda emblem on your avatar for a long time.

Congrats for the new ride!

I know my list of Mazdas isn't as long as yours mazdadude lol, but this is my 7th consecutive Mazda. There just isn't anything out there that has steered me away. Price wise and maintenance wise, I always get my money's worth.

Last edited:
Hey have you ever heard driving a silver car is dangerous because it hard to get noticed by other drivers? I've been told that many times and we still buy all silver vehicles since 1985! :) I especially like the silver which is so easy to maintain as the silver hides the dirt very well! Many times I don't need to wash the vehicles for several months! Of course both my wife and I like silver exterior too. The only thing to our Sonic Silver CX-5 is there's only totally-too-dark black interior available for silver exterior whereas we've been getting gray interior for all other silver vehicles we bought new.

BTW, haven't seen that old "m" Mazda emblem on your avatar for a long time.

Congrats for the new ride!

I've heard that too but only for the darker gray as it make you blend in with the road so the eye doesn't pick it up as easily. Thus another good reason the hav ehte Day Time Running Lights on.

P2k - nice looking line up..

I know my list of Mazdas isn't as long as yours mazdadude lol, but this is my 7th consecutive Mazda. There just isn't anything out there that has steered me away. Price wise and maintenance wise, I always get my money's worth.

Agree 100%! I have had a dozen non-mazdas too, but I keep on coming back as well. Fun, practical, reliable, no nonsense and no extra unnecessary fluff.

Silver is the safest, dark green is the worst. gray is bad. White > darker colors.Overcast low light conditions don't work well for gray. Also certain yellows orange etc. May look whacky at night and are not safe.

Congrats on the new car!

I wanted to get silver but I was outvoted this time.

Back