Best places to Dynamat Noico Boom MAT noise reduction for CX-5 CX5 ?

Big_T

:
CX5 Touring
I have a 2014 CX5 touring and just needed to know the most effective spots to add noise reduction. I have 36 sq.ft. of Noico (like dynamat) and 2 spray cans of Boom Mat.

Components include:

(1) RF shallow 12" Sub (400 rms) :D

Polk dB 351, 651 and 6501

Still waiting on the LC2 loc to arrive on Tuesday.

Thanks in advance

I would be interested in this as well. I have no idea, how much to buy, or which brand, but definetly I don't want to do the whole car.

I would be interested in this as well. I have no idea, how much to buy, or which brand, but definetly I don't want to do the whole car.

Well many ppl have looked at this thread but nobody apparently has any info. BTW I ended up returning all my Polk gear cuz seller failed to mention they were damaged and/or open box.

Do you happen to know of anyone has put a 4" coax in the dash? I am looking into it and may give it a shot to stuff some Focal speakers in there. I've heard Focal in the store and they sound so good.

....and they are so expensive.
I have picked up a year ago, from an Ebayer seller(audio store) from Poland a set of PS165FX($650 ! at crutchfield). It was around $330.

Mass loaded vinyl under carpet and rear wheel wells would provide the most extreme difference. The metal floor of the rear hatch is essentially bare. Also need to cover inner doors. MLV is the costliest most effective, and heaviest option. Remember MLV actually absorbs sound at the expense of weight and cost.

You CLD tiles could be placed in the same locations but for doors you place it on the outer door metal and it merely needs 25-30% coverage. I've got the noico and my outer doors and they have a thump sound when knocked on vs a tin sound. At 30% coverage. Remember CLD does not absorb sound like MLV does...it merely alters the frequencies so to speak. Think of it as anti-rattle mat. So it will still be loud in your car FYI.

What do you mean by "inner doors"? see a big plastic panel separating the innards of the metal door hiding the door skin.

What do you mean by "inner doors"? see a big plastic panel separating the innards of the metal door hiding the door skin.

Preferably a sheet/s covering more than just that panel. Like this:

cache.php

Behind that MLV sheet you install CLD tiles like my attached pic from my project.

Attachments

• Door.PNG
    Door.PNG
    160.3 KB · Views: 227
You also have, on the outer skin as well, right?

Outer skin = apply CLD (aka dynomat type products).

Inner skin = MLV.

To take it a step further add a decoupler (closed cell foam, ect.) on the inner skin then apply MLV on top of it.

Any sound deadening folks here need to google and research what CLD, MLV, and decoupler (CCF) are before even buying materials.

To take it a step further add a decoupler (closed cell foam, ect.) on the inner skin then apply MLV on top of it.

I bought 100 sq.ft. of 1Lb MLV and the seller said most buyers were using for their cars and that arrived a couple days ago. The remainder will be used in my bedroom to help with 6-lane highway noise that is way too close. I'll follow your lead on this but I draw the line at a decoupler - LOL. You have provided great info & photos here and I really appreciate it. So now I have returned the Polk's I bought and replaced with the new db 402 and 6502. I had to cut up my dash a little to fit the 402 but it's in there with a DIY spacer so no big deal. Tomorrow I'll be pulling the carpet and installing the MLV underneath and Sunday will be the doors. Thanks again here's to a better sound system - YAY!!!

I bought 100 sq.ft. of 1Lb MLV and the seller said most buyers were using for their cars and that arrived a couple days ago. The remainder will be used in my bedroom to help with 6-lane highway noise that is way too close. I'll follow your lead on this but I draw the line at a decoupler - LOL. You have provided great info & photos here and I really appreciate it. So now I have returned the Polk's I bought and replaced with the new db 402 and 6502. I had to cut up my dash a little to fit the 402 but it's in there with a DIY spacer so no big deal. Tomorrow I'll be pulling the carpet and installing the MLV underneath and Sunday will be the doors. Thanks again here's to a better sound system - YAY!!!

Interested in hearing (from you) of your results. I think you can get a dB sound app to measure sound for before/after comparisons.

Back