HELP! Warning Lights and Gear Change Led out

BROADBEAN9513

:
CX5 2.2 D (175) SPORT NAV AWD WITH SAFETY PACK
I was driving home in my 4 year old CX-5 Diesel when all the warning lights came on and the gear change indicator digital display disappeared!!! There appears to be nothing wrong with the driving experience though. After I stopped and restarted the vehicle the same occurred again. The lights I have on are following

Amber Traction control
Red triangle
Engine management
TPMS Amber light
On the warining part of the computer it says there is a problem with the SCBS
And finally the gearchange Led indicator is out in all gears.

Could this be a fuse blown or some other electrical glitch?

To gas burners in US that is similar to transmission problems. Read the transmission threds...

Try to pull the error codes if any with a code reader first. In US we can go auto parts stores such as AutoZone to have them read it with a print out stating possible resolutions for free. I believe you have bad connections or groundings somewhere, our transmission issues which could be minor or major.

Wow, that's odd.

Just throwing this out there. My 2012 VW Jetta TDI had an issues with similar error messages. Long story short, it turned out to be related to the lack of data coming from one of the wheels ABS speed sensors. The traction control, TPMS, and the SCBS systems in our Mazdas need this data to determine what's going on with each wheel.

How this could be related to your gear change indicator I have no idea.

Wow, that's odd.

Just throwing this out there. My 2012 VW Jetta TDI had an issues with similar error messages. Long story short, it turned out to be related to the lack of data coming from one of the wheels ABS speed sensors. The traction control, TPMS, and the SCBS systems in our Mazdas need this data to determine what's going on with each wheel.

How this could be related to your gear change indicator I have no idea.
Good guess about ABS speed sensors. But gear change LCD indicator disappearing could mean something wrong from transmission. And I've seen some people had all the warning lights up caused by bad groundings and connections. Lastly there're several having similar issues and Mazda engineers seemed have no clues about the cause. There're too many possibilities and hopefully the saved error codes can give the OP some hints.

I have had a full diagnostic by Mazda Glasgow who could not clear the fault codes. This has cost me 98 so far. The next step they say is one code that they want to clear first is the Exhaust Gas sensor fault code. They are going to change the sensor to see if this is the main cause of all alarms. My issue with this is why if one sensor goes most of the fault codes also appear. Surely this points at a wiring or electrical fault rather than one sensor??

Good guess about ABS speed sensors. But gear change LCD indicator disappearing could mean something wrong from transmission. And I've seen some people had all the warning lights up caused by bad groundings and connections. Lastly there're several having similar issues and Mazda engineers seemed have no clues about the cause. There're too many possibilities and hopefully the saved error codes can give the OP some hints.
I have had a full diagnostic by Mazda Glasgow who could not clear the fault codes. This has cost me 98 so far. The next step they say is one code that they want to clear first is the Exhaust Gas sensor fault code. They are going to change the sensor to see if this is the main cause of all alarms. My issue with this is why if one sensor goes most of the fault codes also appear. Surely this points at a wiring or electrical fault rather than one sensor??

I was driving home in my 4 year old CX-5 Diesel when all the warning lights came on and the gear change indicator digital display disappeared!!! There appears to be nothing wrong with the driving experience though. After I stopped and restarted the vehicle the same occurred again. The lights I have on are following

Amber Traction control
Red triangle
Engine management
TPMS Amber light
On the warining part of the computer it says there is a problem with the SCBS
And finally the gearchange Led indicator is out in all gears.

Could this be a fuse blown or some other electrical glitch?
Update on the above issue. The CX-5 had further investigation and the root cause of the problem and all the different warning lights was a failed Exhaust Pressure Sensor. Mazda had told me that this was not an issue and probably knew the root cause but still had me pay 98 for Diagnostics. The really painful thing about all this is that I have found a letter from 2013 in my pack telling me that the vehicle is subject to a Special Service Campaign!!!! Which Mazda have denied two weeks ago!!! Now I have the letter I will be on the phone to Mazda UK tomorrow.

Update on the above issue. The CX-5 had further investigation and the root cause of the problem and all the different warning lights was a failed Exhaust Pressure Sensor. Mazda had told me that this was not an issue and probably knew the root cause but still had me pay 98 for Diagnostics. The really painful thing about all this is that I have found a letter from 2013 in my pack telling me that the vehicle is subject to a Special Service Campaign!!!! Which Mazda have denied two weeks ago!!! Now I have the letter I will be on the phone to Mazda UK tomorrow.

I'd love to hear the explanation as to how a failed exhaust pressure sensor causes a fault in the Traction Control, the SCBS, and TPM systems.

Back